ESET 11.0.131 released?

hrgajek

I tried to update from Windows 1703 to 1709 but got Error 0x80D02002. So I uninstalled ESET 10.0.219 , updated to Windows 10.16299.19 and reinstalled ESET NOD32 yesterday evening via Downloader from eset.com/de/download

To my suprise it installed ESET 11.0.131

I took a look on this forum, but I didn't find any announcement yet, maybe I've looked the wrong pages.

Whats new on 11.0 ?

• Administrators

V11 hasn't been announced here since it's not available in most countries yet.

Changelog:

·         NEW :UEFI Scanner

·         Updated : Connected Home Monitor

·         Updated : Accessibility improvements - Screen reader software support

·         NEW : License Manager (my.eset.com)

·         Updated : Installer and Activation changes

·         NEW : Product upgrade / Downgrade without re-install

·         Windows 10 RS3 compatible

7 hours ago, hrgajek said:

I tried to update from Windows 1703 to 1709 but got Error 0x80D02002. So I uninstalled ESET 10.0.219 , updated to Windows 10.16299.19 and reinstalled ESET NOD32 yesterday evening via Downloader from eset.com/de/download

To my suprise it installed ESET 11.0.131

I took a look on this forum, but I didn't find any announcement yet, maybe I've looked the wrong pages.

Whats new on 11.0 ?

Thanks for the heads up on this.

@Marcos which countries is it available in and will it be released soon ?

21 hours ago, Marcos said:

Changelog:

This is Sad! not even one new feature for Hips?-.- An option to let me whitelist cmd commands?or a purge button for not existing rules?I'm done with you Eset:D

It would have been nice if Eset v11 was released before Windows 10 RS3  (Windows 10 Fall Creators update) was available - which was last week - October 17.

Edited by MarcFL

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, MarcFL said:

It would have been nice if Eset v11 was released before Windows 10 RS3  (Windows 10 Fall Creators update) was available - which was last week - October 17.

We already had even v9 compatible with Fall Creators Update before Microsoft released it. It's not that we've been lacking support until v11 is released.

I'm disappointed that there was no improvement made to the exclusions UI. I suggested in the ESET Changes/Wishlist thread that if we can have a checkbox UI to select multiple items at the same time like for example Trustport Antivirus has as it makes it very easy to whitelist a few programs in one shot but ESET isn't taking its users recommendations/suggestions seriously.

To me this V11 looks exactly the same as V10 and can we see the UEFI scanner or is it something that happens in the background during the boot process?

• ESET Moderators
6 hours ago, Phoenix said:

To me this V11 looks exactly the same as V10 and can we see the UEFI scanner or is it something that happens in the background during the boot process?

UEFI Scanner—Proactive scanning that runs in the background and only notifies you if a problem is detected.

Screenshot of a detection available in the What's new in version 11 KB article

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Prasanth Vanamlo said:

The reason ESET v11 is not officially announced because it is yet to release globally. We can see some minor updates made in this latest version 11.0.131 like new UEFI Scanner, improvements on home monitor, accessibilities, etc. Would have been good if they have made some upgrades to the exclusion UI like allowing to select multiple items at same time which will allow to whitelist multiple items at once.

ESET v11 was officially released and announced earlier this week.