Where is the changelog for EIS 10.1.235.0?

• ESET Insiders

Where is the change log for the latest stable build of Eset Internet Security? I think the latest stable build is 10.1.235.0.  I'm not having any luck finding it.

Thank You for you help!

Mike

Edited by cutting_edgetech

• ESET Insiders

Windows startup was extremely slow after updating Eset Internet Security to 10.1.235.0. It took about 3 times as long for my desktop, and applications to load at startup. The problem did not go away so I rolled my computer back to a system image I made with Shadow Protect 2 months ago. Fall Creators update was not installed at that time. After rolling my computer back I was upgraded to the Fall Creators update which I did not have installed before.

I'm going to create another system image before updating Eset Internet Security in case I run into the same problem. It took my slow internet connection 7 hours to download, and install the creators update so i'm not about to go through that again. During that time Microsoft update agent used 100% of my bandwidth so I could not access the internet to do anything else for 7 hours. I guess you can see my frustration, or hesitance to just upgrade Eset again. That's why I wanted to look at the changelog to see if I needed to upgrade or not. I guess I will need to upgrade now that Windows 10 updated to Fall Creators Edition,  just 2 hours ago.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. If I run into the same problem with Windows 10 startup being extremely slow then we will have to figure out what is going on. I'm using Windows 10 X64 Professional. I also have AppGuard, and Malwarebytes Anti-exploit installed. I've been using them with Eset for years, and the problem did not occur until after updating Eset Internet Security to the latest build.

Thank You for your prompt response!

Mike

On 23/10/2017 at 2:04 PM, Marcos said:

V10.1.235 was released only as a program (uPCU) update. It has brought support for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.

I thought ESET Smart/Internet Security was already supported? What's been changed in 10.1.235.0? I'd also like to see a Changelog.

It's concerning if it wasn't as I upgraded to it with 10.1.219.0 installed after finding nothing to suggest it wasn't compatible with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.

Thanks

1 minute ago, Marcos said:

Basically the only change in 10.1.235.0 was added support for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.

Does this mean 10.1.219.0 doesn't support Windows 10 Fall Creators Update?

Everything I found said just says Windows 10 works with v8.x an above. Nothing about specific Windows 10 builds. Is there a proper list somewhere detailing which v10.x you need for which Windows 10 build?

Thanks

• ESET Insiders

Well, I upgraded to Eset Internet Security 10.1.235.0 from 10.1.219.0 again, and the really slow startup is still a problem. Not as slow as previously mentioned above, but pretty close to the same. Windows stays at the login screen for an unusual amount of time, and after the desktop finally appears the tray icons take forever to load. It's like Eset is holding all the other tray icons up from loading also.

I'm extremely busy with school so I have very little time to trouble shoot anything.To top it off I am having problems with Eset's Firewall blocking content silently as reported here.

hxxps://forum.eset.com/topic/13550-eset-internet-security-1012350-firewall-bug/

Maybe you could look into both problems at once. How do I proceed to collect logs (where do I download the latest log collector), and where do I send the logs to?

Thank You,

Mike

Edited 10/25/17 @ 8:16

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, cutting_edgetech said:

Well, I upgraded to Eset Internet Security 10.1.235.0 from 10.1.219.0 again, and the really slow startup is still a problem. Not as slow as previously mentioned above, but pretty close to the same. Windows stays at the login screen for an unusual amount of time, and after the desktop finally appears the tray icons take forever to load. It's like Eset is holding all the other tray icons up from loading also.

I'm extremely busy with school so I have very little time to trouble shoot anything.To top it off I am having problems with Eset's Firewall blocking content silently as reported here.

hxxps://forum.eset.com/topic/13550-eset-internet-security-1012350-firewall-bug/

Maybe you could look into both problems at once. How do I proceed to collect logs (where do I download the latest log collector), and where do I send the logs to?

Thank You,

Mike

Edited 10/25/17 @ 8:16

I don't know if it is relevant but version 11 is now out. Have you tried to see how this works with your system?

• Most Valued Members
3 hours ago, cutting_edgetech said:

For what it's worth. I had the same issues on my win7 pro system with both versions of 10. it was an Eset issue without a doubt. It would block all start up programs until it was finished with it's scan and update. I have been chasing this problem for several weeks.

I removed Eset v10.x and rebooted in preparation for a clean install of v11 and the issue was gone.

With v11 installed I no longer have any start up issues. Give v11 a go. I strongly suggest you do a clean install.

Edited by SCR
corrections

• 1 month later...
  • ESET Insiders

Sorry, for the extremely late response to this thread, but I know longer experience this problem. I upgraded to version 11, and I now have to deal with the "LiveGrid is not Accessible" problem instead. This problem has been persistent since I upgraded to version 11 back in October. I will report this in a different thread, or with someone else's thread that is experiencing the same problem. I'm currently using Eset Internet Security version 11.0.154.0 on Window 10 x64 version 1703.

• ESET Moderators

Hello @cutting_edgetech

we are currently distributing Antivirus and antispyware module version 1533.2 ) which should address the issues with too aggressive detection of LiveGrid servers not accessible.

Can you please update and check if the issue persists?

Regards. P.R.

• ESET Insiders
On 12/13/2017 at 7:34 AM, Peter Randziak said:

Hello @cutting_edgetech

we are currently distributing Antivirus and antispyware module version 1533.2 ) which should address the issues with too aggressive detection of LiveGrid servers not accessible.

Can you please update and check if the issue persists?

Regards. P.R.

Yes, I did this already, and the pre-release updates fixed the problem. Check this thread out.