ESET INTERNET SECURITY 11 ALREADY RECEIVE AWARD FROM AV-COMPARATIVES ?

Dear ESET,

I have read the summary of Performance Test from AV-Comparatives that ESET has got the award as Advance + in Performance Test for September 2017 Edition, however I little bit confuse is it true that the product version participate in this test is ESET Internet Security 11, as known that this version not yet release for commercial, however as at beta version.

Awaiting the information.

Thanks & B/regards,

PERFORMANCE TEST SEPTEMBER 2017.jpg

13 minutes ago, Marcos said:

It was released about a month ago in a few countries already.

Is there any problem with version 11 for being taking so long to be released in other languages?

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, razorfancy said:

Is there any problem with version 11 for being taking so long to be released in other languages?

No. It was planned that other language versions would be released about 2 months afterwards.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

No. It was planned that other language versions would be released about 2 months afterwards.

Thx for answer my question, but if you dont mind can you please tell me if there is any improvements in HIPS on version 11.

Edited by razorfancy

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, John Alex said:

Maybe fast (not on my PC) , but performance wise not so good yet;

Do you experience any performance issues with ESET installed?

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, John Alex said:

Yes, version 8 is some slow ( 0.5-0.7sec in browsing)  while version 10 is very slow (1.5sec in browsing)

By v10 do you mean v10.1.235?

• Most Valued Members
13 hours ago, John Alex said:

I do not know, was the latest 10 a month ago when I tried it again.

If you go to eset and download the latest version and then go to the update area you will see the the version number. If still slow generate some logs for Eset - You will see how to in Marcos's signature. This is always the best thing to do - if you experience an issue by doing this procedure Eset can look into it and try and identify the issue. Sadly if people don't give feedback or share logs they may not know the issue exists.

7 hours ago, jamess3973 said:

Who does one has to bribe to get the ESET Internet Security 11 International English version without waiting? :P

Install the version in any language, and then change it to the desired one.

• Most Valued Members
15 hours ago, John Alex said:

I do not know, was the latest 10 a month ago when I tried it again.

It sounds like you are no longer using an Eset product. If I'm wrong then the version number is easily found. If you are having difficulties finding it let us know.

It is not about "the last version" , which is always supposed to, miraculously , solve all problems; is about consistency.

I had v8, v9, v10 , all noticeable slow on 3 pc's , so I gave up. Who can deal with a slow version, expecting that one day v.10.123.456.01 will fix the problem????

Edited by John Alex

• Most Valued Members
35 minutes ago, John Alex said:

It is not about "the last version" , which is always supposed to, miraculously , solve all problems; is about consistency.

I had v8, v9, v10 , all noticeable slow on 3 pc's , so I gave up. Who can deal with a slow version, expecting that one day v.10.123.456.01 will fix the problem????

Have you sent any logs? If you download the latest version and find it's slow then send in logs and they will investigate. There are lots of issues that can effect security products and sometimes specific software combinations can cause issues but without seeing your logs for this specific issue they cannot look into it

• Most Valued Members
3 hours ago, John Alex said:

OK thanks for letting us know that you are no longer using Eset products.

I can say that I have never had a slow down with Eset but that's just my experience on two systems which has remained consistent.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, John Alex said:

Did you contact ESET and provide necessary logs (presumably a Procmon log + cfg) ? It could be that you have an application logging into a large html file which would case it to re-scan every time the log is closed after writing a few bytes. We've already come across such cases and the solution was to exclude that log from scanning. Without investigating the issue and giving up immediately, we will never know what is causing it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Most Valued Members
On 22/10/2017 at 2:25 PM, John Alex said:

Sorry to bring this up again but this post reminded me of this conversation - in it a user has experienced eset being very slow on startup but it turns out the reason is to do with a specific program that when not used, eset works fine https://forum.eset.com/topic/13650-volume2exe-very-slow-with-nod32-v11/

the reason I am showing you this is that certain programs can at times cause conflicts. Sometimes it can be just a set of combinations that cause an issue. This is why if you experience any issues with eset it is always important to try and send logs in in case there is an issue like this. It means the team can look into it and try and figure out what the issue is. Without people sending the logs in however they may not discover this issue - basically someone has to point the issue out for them to know about it. 

The only way to narrow this down, as obviously Eset is not causing everyone's systems to be slow or this thread would be full, is to as stated above, send the requested logs so the Developers and support of Eset can look and establish the issue. This could be anything from a corrupt OS/ 3rd party software/left over files from a previous installation. One thing that stands out when users mention running Eset, is how light n fast it is, so to have this issue no matter version you are running, tells everyone, there is an underlying issue.