Offline Devices Suddenly Report As Unmanaged

The strangest issue has recently occurred within ERA. A lot of my devices suddenly show as unmanaged but were managed as of yesterday. I physically went and checked one of the devices and noticed that device was powered off. Once I turned the device back on, it's status went back to managed. A lot of the other devices are currently offsite so I'm guessing that if the device cannot be contacted, ERA marks the device as unmanaged. The weird thing is that this has never been a probably until today. Is there a setting that may have gotten turned on that does this?

• ESET Staff

Devices that has ever connected to ERA (client report contains last connection time) should be marked as managed forever, or until removed. There is actually no way how to change this behavior, except removing device either directly, or using tasks like "AD synchronization" or "Delete not connecting computers". Have you tried to restart SERVER service? What version of ERA and database type are you actually using?

From description you provided it seems to me that there may be a problem with pre-processing of client data in main report -> could you monitor this behavior and contact local support (or send me a PM) with logs collected from SERVER in case it happens again? I don't think there has been similar report recently.