visue definition database update BSOD

paul bradley

Yesterday and today I have been getting BSOD IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_STSTEM_SERVICE and the computer will reboot.

First off I run deepfreeze and don't unthaw but maybe once every month or two but eset still does its update regularly, it just doesn't save it when I reboot or shut down. I just did this on the 29th of last month. Anyway yesterday I started getting the bsod but didn't get to troubleshoot it any till now. Computer boots up fine and is ok for a minute or two then BSOD and restart. No new hardware installed or any flash drives inserted. Disabled network and computer runs great. within 2 minutes of turning network back on same problem. Disconnected everything else from network (in case of a virus on another computer) same thing in a couple minutes. Looked to see what activity is going on before the crash and noticed eset was updating. As soon as it completed downloading and starts to install system crashed again. Next time I canceled the update and waited a while with no problem. clicked update again and another crash. Have done this 3 times now and bsod every time the update starts to install. I am running version 8 still (don't want to update to newest yet) and windows 10 pro 64 (before creators edition update with updates disabled (deepfreeze makes it install over and over otherwise)). 

Ok, I got it to update without BSOD. It had like 12 small parts it was trying to install so I canceled it between every 2 or 3 then reboot (yes I turned off deepfreeze). When it reboot I let it do a few more and did the same. Looks like its doing ok so far. Hopefully if anyone else has this issue this will be helpful.

• Administrators

Please provide us with the memory dump generated during a crash. I've searched for "IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE" in existing tickets to no avail except issues on older OS caused by a bug in Windows Filtering Platform that was addressed by this hotfix: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2664888/computer-stops-responding-when-you-run-an-application-that-uses-the-wi.