Win10 Fall Creator update and Eset 10.

Been trying to install the new Windows update for two days.  It will NOT install, don't know what the problem is.  KOR-

13 minutes ago, KOR said:

Been trying to install the new Windows update for two days.  It will NOT install, don't know what the problem is.  KOR-

The update should download and install automatically, and will give you snooze option for the restart. It took about 10 minute for installation, including several automatic restart.

If it failed downloading/installation. Reboot, and search for updates in Windows Update.

• Most Valued Members
2 hours ago, KOR said:

Is it even downloading it ?? These updates are not available to everyone on the same day, can even take days or even weeks before the update shows up for people in certain countries.

8 hours ago, KOR said:

Try the Upgrade Assistant here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 . Click on the "Update Now" button.

The Windows update downloads and offers the install.  I press restart and the window comes up that states not to turn off computer and it gets to 5% install and then jumps to my sign-in screen.  No install.  Thinking I will wait and try over the week-end or try some of the suggestions from this forum.  KOR-

One issue identified, if you go to Settings > System > About, there is no green check mark besides "Virus & threat protection." Might be more of a Windows issue than ESET though, because if you click through Windows does acknowledge than an antivirus option is installed.

There are also issues with Intel atom processor based devices with this 1709 update.

One person posted in another forum that he has two identical Asus PCs with this processor. One updated fine and failed to updated citing "incompatiable hardware." Go figure? 

• Administrators

As far as I know, as of Fall Creators Update Microsoft dropped support for systems with "Clover Trail" Intel Atom processors.