Arik

Are you happy with ESET?

Hi!

So, this question came on my head Is that If you guys Happy with ESET both as an AV and as a company.

Do you trust It?

Do you trust the company ESET?

As, when you are using Anti-virus whenever It's on your PC or your phone.

You are giving the AV kind of full control on your device.

Like that thing happend to Kaspersky after this I would not trust them.

But now I fully trust and happy with ESET!

What's about you guys?

Trust the software to do it's job ? = YES
Trust ESET as a company ? = YES

When you install any A/V product you are essentially "Choosing" to participate in the detection of malicious software and without any data being sent back to any vendor then detection rates would drop dramatically.

What you refer to as "The Kaspersky Thing" , is blew out of proportion in my opinion. For a home user, it really makes no difference. But on corporate or government systems it would be unwise to use anything that could send back the details of any running applications to any 3rd party.

The real question should be why government agencies chose to run this type of software on the machines in the first place. Anyone that is in the position of making choices with online/offline security should at least know how software works before they are employed in a position to make these decisions.

A bit like buying a car when you don't even know how to drive to start with, then complaining when you have an accident.

persian-boy, Arik and jadinolf like this

So, this question came on my head Is that If you guys Happy with ESET both as an AV and as a company.

Do you trust It? YES

Do you trust the company ESET? YES

As, when you are using Anti-virus whenever It's on your PC or your phone. 5 PCs

You are giving the AV kind of full control on your device. YES

Like that thing happened to Kaspersky after this I would not trust them. WHAT IS KASPERSKY? ;)

But now I fully trust and am happy with ESET. YES

Edited by jadinolf
Stupidity
Arik likes this

2 hours ago, cyberhash said:

Trust the software to do it's job ? = YES
Trust ESET as a company ? = YES

When you install any A/V product you are essentially "Choosing" to participate in the detection of malicious software and without any data being sent back to any vendor then detection rates would drop dramatically.

What you refer to as "The Kaspersky Thing" , is blew out of proportion in my opinion. For a home user, it really makes no difference. But on corporate or government systems it would be unwise to use anything that could send back the details of any running applications to any 3rd party.

The real question should be why government agencies chose to run this type of software on the machines in the first place. Anyone that is in the position of making choices with online/offline security should at least know how software works before they are employed in a position to make these decisions.

A bit like buying a car when you don't even know how to drive to start with, then complaining when you have an accident.

I do agree with you.

But I'll also add that I think that Kaspersky Is slowly losing It's overall trust

companys and home users might choose not to use kaspersky anymore.

I think government agencies chose to run this software as It's Just seemed good to them I guess?

But I think they did know how the software works but they Just didn't really know Kaspersky too much.

48 minutes ago, jadinolf said:
  •  

Do you trust It? YES

Do you trust the company ESET? YES

As, when you are using Anti-virus whenever It's on your PC or your phone. 5 PCs

You are giving the AV kind of full control on your device. YES

Like that thing happened to Kaspersky after this I would not trust them. WHAT IS KASPERSKY? ;)

But now I fully trust and am happy with ESET. YES

Haha, I love all the "YES" Answers.

#ESETForever

jadinolf likes this

Hi

I have known  Eset as a company and their products for a long time, beginning from the days where they  had their " home " over at the wilders security forum. 
For all that time,.... I have known Eset as a very professional and serious and most of all very committed  to their products and user base.  I have always had the impression of Eset as a very dedicated firm, and that has not changed over the years.  Do I trust the product, yes,  absolutely and without the slightest doubt .
But as everyone know, then is security/trust of your system, or systems, much more than just one product, but Eset is definitely  a good start =)

....and now I have to work....:)

Regards

Janus

jadinolf, TomFace and Arik like this

6 hours ago, Janus said:

Hi

I have known  Eset as a company and their products for a long time, beginning from the days where they  had their " home " over at the wilders security forum. 
For all that time,.... I have known Eset as a very professional and serious and most of all very committed  to their products and user base.  I have always had the impression of Eset as a very dedicated firm, and that has not changed over the years.  Do I trust the product, yes,  absolutely and without the slightest doubt .
But as everyone know, then is security/trust of your system, or systems, much more than just one product, but Eset is definitely  a good start =)

....and now I have to work....:)

Regards

Janus

Thank you for your comment.

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 12:52 PM, Arik said:

1. Do you trust It?

2. Do you trust the company ESET?

1. I have put EIS through the ringer for months on end in a Virtual machine, do I trust it, Yes, Yes I do. 

2. As of right now, still on the fence with this question, but time will tell. 

Edited by illumination

I love ESET but .... against Ransomware ESET fails again and again. Why is there so Emsisoft is already something better in detection. Since the new update, the application does not start automatically, it must be started by hand. Otherwise I like ESEt very well, support inquiries are unfortunately only very late answered, because you could do something more.

24 minutes ago, galaxy said:

I love ESET but .... against Ransomware ESET fails again and again.

Please create a new topic as our experience based on users' feedback and seeing how well new variants of Filecoders are detected by us and other AVs are quite the opposite. We'll need more details about Filecoders that you think ESET did not detect. Ideally provide samples or at least hashes as well as ELC logs from a machine with encrypted files. We've seen quite a lot of cases when an attacker bruteforced credentials, remoted in via RDP, disabled antivirus and then ran ransomware.

As for the other issue, please create a new topic for it. Egui is started automatically and virtually nobody has reported issues with that.

persian-boy likes this

OK

Edited by galaxy

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

We've seen quite a lot of cases when an attacker bruteforced credentials, remoted in via RDP, disabled antivirus and then ran ransomware.

And this is because the RDP network connection was insecurely configured.