Are you happy with ESET?

Arik

Hi!

So, this question came on my head Is that If you guys Happy with ESET both as an AV and as a company.

Do you trust It?

Do you trust the company ESET?

As, when you are using Anti-virus whenever It's on your PC or your phone.

You are giving the AV kind of full control on your device.

Like that thing happend to Kaspersky after this I would not trust them.

But now I fully trust and happy with ESET!

What's about you guys?

• Most Valued Members

Trust the software to do it's job ? = YES
Trust ESET as a company ? = YES

When you install any A/V product you are essentially "Choosing" to participate in the detection of malicious software and without any data being sent back to any vendor then detection rates would drop dramatically.

What you refer to as "The Kaspersky Thing" , is blew out of proportion in my opinion. For a home user, it really makes no difference. But on corporate or government systems it would be unwise to use anything that could send back the details of any running applications to any 3rd party.

The real question should be why government agencies chose to run this type of software on the machines in the first place. Anyone that is in the position of making choices with online/offline security should at least know how software works before they are employed in a position to make these decisions.

A bit like buying a car when you don't even know how to drive to start with, then complaining when you have an accident.

So, this question came on my head Is that If you guys Happy with ESET both as an AV and as a company.

Do you trust It? YES

Do you trust the company ESET? YES

As, when you are using Anti-virus whenever It's on your PC or your phone. 5 PCs

You are giving the AV kind of full control on your device. YES

Like that thing happened to Kaspersky after this I would not trust them. WHAT IS KASPERSKY? ;)

But now I fully trust and am happy with ESET. YES

Edited by jadinolf
Stupidity

2 hours ago, cyberhash said:

Trust the software to do it's job ? = YES
Trust ESET as a company ? = YES

When you install any A/V product you are essentially "Choosing" to participate in the detection of malicious software and without any data being sent back to any vendor then detection rates would drop dramatically.

What you refer to as "The Kaspersky Thing" , is blew out of proportion in my opinion. For a home user, it really makes no difference. But on corporate or government systems it would be unwise to use anything that could send back the details of any running applications to any 3rd party.

The real question should be why government agencies chose to run this type of software on the machines in the first place. Anyone that is in the position of making choices with online/offline security should at least know how software works before they are employed in a position to make these decisions.

A bit like buying a car when you don't even know how to drive to start with, then complaining when you have an accident.

I do agree with you.

But I'll also add that I think that Kaspersky Is slowly losing It's overall trust

companys and home users might choose not to use kaspersky anymore.

I think government agencies chose to run this software as It's Just seemed good to them I guess?

But I think they did know how the software works but they Just didn't really know Kaspersky too much.

48 minutes ago, jadinolf said:
  •  

Do you trust It? YES

Do you trust the company ESET? YES

As, when you are using Anti-virus whenever It's on your PC or your phone. 5 PCs

You are giving the AV kind of full control on your device. YES

Like that thing happened to Kaspersky after this I would not trust them. WHAT IS KASPERSKY? ;)

But now I fully trust and am happy with ESET. YES

Haha, I love all the "YES" Answers.

#ESETForever

Hi

I have known  Eset as a company and their products for a long time, beginning from the days where they  had their " home " over at the wilders security forum. 
For all that time,.... I have known Eset as a very professional and serious and most of all very committed  to their products and user base.  I have always had the impression of Eset as a very dedicated firm, and that has not changed over the years.  Do I trust the product, yes,  absolutely and without the slightest doubt .
But as everyone know, then is security/trust of your system, or systems, much more than just one product, but Eset is definitely  a good start =)

....and now I have to work....:)

Regards

Janus

6 hours ago, Janus said:

Hi

I have known  Eset as a company and their products for a long time, beginning from the days where they  had their " home " over at the wilders security forum. 
For all that time,.... I have known Eset as a very professional and serious and most of all very committed  to their products and user base.  I have always had the impression of Eset as a very dedicated firm, and that has not changed over the years.  Do I trust the product, yes,  absolutely and without the slightest doubt .
But as everyone know, then is security/trust of your system, or systems, much more than just one product, but Eset is definitely  a good start =)

....and now I have to work....:)

Regards

Janus

Thank you for your comment.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 12:52 PM, Arik said:

1. Do you trust It?

2. Do you trust the company ESET?

1. I have put EIS through the ringer for months on end in a Virtual machine, do I trust it, Yes, Yes I do. 

2. As of right now, still on the fence with this question, but time will tell. 

Edited by illumination

I love ESET but .... against Ransomware ESET fails again and again. Why is there so Emsisoft is already something better in detection. Since the new update, the application does not start automatically, it must be started by hand. Otherwise I like ESEt very well, support inquiries are unfortunately only very late answered, because you could do something more.

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, galaxy said:

I love ESET but .... against Ransomware ESET fails again and again.

Please create a new topic as our experience based on users' feedback and seeing how well new variants of Filecoders are detected by us and other AVs are quite the opposite. We'll need more details about Filecoders that you think ESET did not detect. Ideally provide samples or at least hashes as well as ELC logs from a machine with encrypted files. We've seen quite a lot of cases when an attacker bruteforced credentials, remoted in via RDP, disabled antivirus and then ran ransomware.

As for the other issue, please create a new topic for it. Egui is started automatically and virtually nobody has reported issues with that.

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

We've seen quite a lot of cases when an attacker bruteforced credentials, remoted in via RDP, disabled antivirus and then ran ransomware.

And this is because the RDP network connection was insecurely configured.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't like it  - _ - because i though it's a weak product(due to wrong information and testing methodology in a security forum).
But since I met the Hips in Eset products I start loving it! light and effective AV with a lot of security features!!
Now  it!
Do I trust ESET? Ye! 
Do i trust the company? Ye!why not? I don't see any telemetry from av to  Eset! there are some but you can disable it!
Pure product!

I would not trust them.

I don't believe u.s gov stories!!I have trust on Kaspersky. although I'm not using it :-)

Edited by persian-boy

• ESET Insiders

Do you trust It? -  Yes. I've been a customer since Nod32 version 2.5!

Do you trust the company ESET? - Yes.

As, when you are using Anti-virus whenever It's on your PC or your phone. - Use Mobile Security on my tablet and phone.

You are giving the AV kind of full control on your device - Yes.

Like that thing happend to Kaspersky after this I would not trust them - Most of which was a media beatup from North America. Far more backdoors in Windows than Kaspersky has.

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, SeasonPast said:

good company but i prefer to use avast

We'd appreciate if you could elaborate more on why you prefer that AV to ESET.

2 minutes ago, Marcos said:

We'd appreciate if you could elaborate more on why you prefer that AV to ESET.

Avast Premier compose of interesting features that you can explore, tweak to make a balance protection at all. Especially many users are interested in the concept of virtualization although DeepScreen may considered as mediocre by some users due to ability to bypass some samples. Their firewall is straightforward and not so complicated.

ESET continues to work as it did 10 years ago. who remembers how basic was version 4 by years. ESET continues with the same approach today perhaps because they know how people like the product because it is the lightest in the market.

They also count on the luck that the competing developers are horrible doing extremely heavy and intrusive products.

I continue with ESET because they have maintained the simplicity and lightness. but if one day they follow the cumin of the other competitors I will stop using it for sure.

I Love ESET, not because im a seller or a partner, but im personally love its lightness on the system. Didnt consume that much RAM, and provide sufficient protection for me and my company.

Its easy to tweak and can be used by novice and professionals and can be tweak up to expert level.

I did not agreed just to judge an Antivirus based on solely it detection rate and compared it just simply by 10-20% missed. For me if AV can detect more than 80% of malware and viruses every time, its already enough and sufficient. Then the next criteria that needed to be put into consideration are lightness on the system.

However every av has its own weakness, or its not called witness, but somehow it impact the user experience on the products. I quite dislike the SSL scanner, as it somehow, causes some website not to load correctly but somehow, i didnt find a way or understand how this happened.

If i can recreate the issues i will report it but right now i didnt have any time. 

Overall besides SSL Scanner which i think necessary but impact on user experience, its great. Overall the best products i ever used. and now 5 years and counting still using ESET.

• 4 weeks later...

First off thanks for the topic. I thought I was safe with free software and when my PC was basically rendered useless I felt helpless. I knew enough to go into safe mode and tried anything (no choice), this took an entire day for me because I tried everything out there and none were any good once the infection was in, until I came across the online scanner for this software. I purchased the protection because it is a lot cheaper to fix Malware (prevent) than to throw away a PC and this software did what no other that I personally tried could. Frankly I'm ecstatic about it. I do not mind paying for what actually works.

2 hours ago, ScorpionStingz said:

...than to throw away a PC

If you want to throw away a PC because is infected, you shouldn't have answered to this topic....

I too have been using Eset since version 2 and couldn't imagine putting anything else on my pc's.

Keep up the great work guys!

I don't care about comparative tests (never bothered to look at one) and I suggest the same to everyone else. Real time results

are what counts.

Edited by fringed