Apparently my license expired 11 months early. What gives?

I installed ESET mobile security on my Android phone as soon as I bought it about 3 months ago. I bought a year's subscription and entered in the activation key, which was accepted.

Unfortunately, I had to reset my phone back to factory settings after some issues with some applications and such. Then, when I reinstalled ESET mobile security and put it my activation code, it was again accepted. Everything seemed fine.

However, near the end of that month, I started getting alerts saying my license was expiring. I assumed this was just because of the free trial that had yet to expire, but when the month ended, I was informed by the app that my software was no longer activated, and it would not allow me to re-enter my activation key.

I sent a message to your tech support through the app but heard nothing back from them since, so I assume either they didn't get it or I've been ignored. Is there any way I can get this straightened out?

I've tried reinstalling it to no avail.

• ESET Moderators

Hello rumdumconundrum, let's get this sorted out.

Did you purchase ESET Mobile Security from our website, or via Google Play Store? That makes difference, because there are two separate installation files and one can't be activated using credentials for the other and vice versa.

If you happen to have a purchase confirmation email with your username and password, please send these to me in PM (do not post it here publicly).

Also open our app, go to menu (three dots in top-right corner) and tap About. Does the app name say "ESET Mobile Security", or "Mobile Security & Antivirus"? (In the same screen you will see a username that is currently associated with the app, you can send it to me in PM as well).

With this information, we'll be able to investigate what can cause the issue you are experiencing and help you resolve it.

Regards,

Tomas