ESET Antivirus 6.6.2052.0 questions

mrac

Hi, we have several questions\issues with new version:

1. On ERA I set policy (User interface\Alerts and notifications\Minimal verbosity of events to display) = Warnings.

I see that policy applied, but users getting all notifications even with Information severity, like "Removable disk scan completed", or "Initial scan completed" etc. Bug?

2. If I enabling Policy override, after ending of overriding, looks like computer scan ignoring Excluded folders. When I tested and finished override, antivirus found and tried to clean files from excluded folder.

3. If I protecting setup settings by password, it's not very comfortable for users, they cannot pause antivirus for some time, for example when compiling locally big projects. Also user cannot exclude folders with source code, because settings locked.

If I will enable policy override and disable password protection, user can change settings for restricted time, but he also can pause antivirus with option "Untill reboot". So user will just disable antivirus. Am I correctly understand, that:

a. I cannot do policy, when user can change options of antivirus, can pause it for 10-30 minutes, but cannot pause "Until reboot"

b. I still cannot force start antivirus on users computer from ERA, like it was in older ERA versions?

• ESET Staff

Hello, concerning 3/b you can both pause and start protection modules, by creating a "run command" task with the following commands : https://support.eset.com/kb6382/?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US

For 3/a, this is currently not possible (but we will track improvement for tha for the future).

For the other two issues, I will ask our QA to replicate and confirm the status.