ESET Internet Security 11 Full Installer

1 hour ago, TomFace said:

Granted when I do go back online, the yellow does disappear in short order and I do want to use LiveGrid, so another adjustment on my end is in order:angry:

I just saw this message for the first time ever at today's cold boot after installing ver. 11 yesterday. Clearly a bug in my opinion. 

28 minutes ago, itman said:

I just saw this message for the first time ever at today's cold boot after installing ver. 11 yesterday. Clearly a bug in my opinion. 

Well I don't think that notice was in v10. Disabling the notice (while keeping the notice for LiveGrid being disabled) works for me. :) 

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, TomFace said:

The signature update info also used to show on the start up splash screen, that too is gone

There is noting on the splash screen about signature update here either.

I don't think that there is a "signature update" I think it is now called a "detection engine" and it's version number shows on the update notification and in the "installed components" list. Currently 16301. I can not find anything titled "signature update." This does not mean that it doesn't exist, it means that I can't find it if it does. 

Are you still getting the file rename error?

By the way I had "senior moments" before as well. However they have now become "normal moments." ;)

• Most Valued Members
33 minutes ago, TomFace said:

Regarding the rename error...no. Think I'll wait and see (may do a repair...or not).

Great. Maybe it was just a install hiccup. I had a few but they all settled down now.

Edited by SCR
correction

5 hours ago, TomFace said:

Well I don't think that notice was in v10. Disabling the notice (while keeping the notice for LiveGrid being disabled) works for me.

The real question is if this is a security vulnerability? As Eset documentation notes, LiveGrid needs to be enabled for ransomware protection. Lets say ransomware is triggered to run via Win startup; registry run key, startup directory, etc.. If LiveGrid is not being enabled by Eset kernel at boot time, ransomware could run w/o being subjected to LiveGrid rep validation.

2 hours ago, itman said:

The real question is if this is a security vulnerability? As Eset documentation notes, LiveGrid needs to be enabled for ransomware protection. Lets say ransomware is triggered to run via Win startup; registry run key, startup directory, etc.. If LiveGrid is not being enabled by Eset kernel at boot time, ransomware could run w/o being subjected to LiveGrid rep validation.

Maybe I am miss understanding you itman but for what I saw the TomFace LiveGrid notification happen because he wasnt connected to the internet, thats why that notification appear after he connect with internet the notification disappear.

+ Like I post before is easy to disable that notification(not LiveGrid):

Advanced Configuration -> User Interface -> Application Status (Edit) -> General ->  Eset Live Grid not accessible (Turn it Off)

Edited by razorfancy

27 minutes ago, razorfancy said:

Maybe I am miss understanding you itman but for what I saw the TomFace LiveGrid notification happen because he wasnt connected to the internet, thats why that notification appear after he connect with internet the notification disappear.

The alert I received occurred when the Eset GUI appeared on the desktop taskbar after boot time. Windows networking was long enabled by that time. Which means normal Windows startup network Internet connections were well under way. Whether a browser connection for example was established is immaterial. Again, malware can be installed to run at startup time and it is LiveGrid's job to be performing reputational scanning on it.  

10 hours ago, itman said:

The alert I received occurred when the Eset GUI appeared on the desktop taskbar after boot time. Windows networking was long enabled by that time. Which means normal Windows startup network Internet connections were well under way. Whether a browser connection for example was established is immaterial. Again, malware can be installed to run at startup time and it is LiveGrid's job to be performing reputational scanning on it.  

That message only appear to me when I wasnt connected with Internet, please report it again if you see it again when you are connected with Internet(Take a print spreen if that happen again and send the logs to Eset Support).

All is back to normal after first cold boot today; no LiveGrid connection alert. A couple of possible causes to yesterday's alert:

1. There was an actual connection issue to the LiveGrid Eset servers yesterday morning. I did shutdown the PC yesterday afternoon, waited a bit, then rebooted and the LiveGrid alert did not appear. 

2. I noticed Eset is up to its "old tricks" of creating a new Windows root CA store certificate w/o deleting the old one. So deleted the cert. with the older date and just kept the cert. with the latest date - 2027.

However based on the newer postings in this forum section on the same LiveGrid alert issue, there does appear to be some issue with syncing with the LiveGrid servers in ver. 11.

9 minutes ago, itman said:

All is back to normal after first cold boot today; no LiveGrid connection alert. A couple of possible causes to yesterday's alert:

1. There was an actual connection issue to the LiveGrid Eset servers yesterday morning. I did shutdown the PC yesterday afternoon, waited a bit, then rebooted and the LiveGrid alert did not appear. 

2. I noticed Eset is up to its "old tricks" of creating a new Windows root CA store certificate w/o deleting the old one. So deleted the cert. with the older date and just kept the cert. with the latest date - 2027.

However based on the newer postings in this forum section on the same LiveGrid alert issue, there does appear to be some issue with syncing with the LiveGrid servers in ver. 11.

itman are you getting this bug?

Sometimes when I go to the Running Process Tool (LiveGrid) some of the processes (Number of User are unavailable) but if I go back and try it again it show normally:

5zUbzmV.png

47pgsBM.png

6 minutes ago, razorfancy said:

No. But another user in another thread posted he is.

I am pretty much convinced these issues are with the Eset LiveGrid servers when interfacing with ver. 11.  

15 hours ago, razorfancy said:

Advanced Configuration -> User Interface -> Application Status (Edit) -> General ->  Eset Live Grid not accessible (Turn it Off)

Razor is spot on with my issue....if however there is another issue with LiveGrid it should be examined. I have not had another notification since disabling the non-connect warning (again I do not leave my machine connected to the internet if I am not on it).

15 hours ago, razorfancy said:

Razor is spot on with my issue....if however there is another issue with LiveGrid it should be examined. I have not had another notification since disabling the non-connect warning (again I do not leave my machine connected to the internet if I am not on it). I think I will re-enable the LiveGrid connection notice and document when I get the notice.

Edited by TomFace

• Administrators

In case of LiveGrid communication issues, please enable diagnostic logging verbosity in the advanced setup -> tools -> log files. Then you can check the event to find out how often the communication issues occur.

3 hours ago, razorfancy said:

Sometimes when I go to the Running Process Tool (LiveGrid) some of the processes (Number of User are unavailable) but if I go back and try it again it show normally:

5zUbzmV.png

47pgsBM.png

This exact same "bug" also occurs for me, but I'm currently still on NOD32 Antivirus version 10.1.235.1

Never saw this happen in the previous version of version 10. It started after the automatic update to the current version of v10.

It sometimes happens when refreshing Live Grid and then it goes back to normal after another refresh.

Edited by autobotranger

• Most Valued Members
20 hours ago, itman said:

LiveGrid is reliant on the internet right? If ransomware protection needs this to work could ransomware try and disable the internet connection as a workaround? 

3 hours ago, peteyt said:

LiveGrid is reliant on the internet right? If ransomware protection needs this to work could ransomware try and disable the internet connection as a workaround? 

Theoretically, the answer is yes. Eset stores a local copy of LiveGrid's blacklist just for this possibility. Also if you are using Win 10, its native SmartScreen works the same way; a local copy of its blacklist is on disk.

• 1 month later...