How to add exclusions to eset antivirus and eset Smart security?

JohnSnow123

i have a several clients with eset antivirtus, eset smart security i would like to add exclusions and allow ports with scripts because i have  a lot of ports and applications, are like 20 programs and 50 ports, takes a lot of time to do that in all computers 

i hope can you help me.

Thank you  

• Administrators

Please provide more information about what files your clients want to exclude and for what reason. Using exclusions is not recommended since every exclusion creates a security hole. Regarding ports, I don't understand the request since you've posted in the ESET NOD32 Antivirus forum which doesn't contain a firewall.

As for importing configuration from the command line, see http://help.eset.com/ees/6.6/en-US/index.html?idh_config_ecmd.htm. This is only supported in Endpoint 6.6 and we strongly recommend signing xml files that you import for security reasons.

• 2 weeks later...

not sure if this would be helpful but once you get it working the way you need on 1 computer you can go to setup and import export settings and export it to a file, then when you have the next one ready do the same thing but import the file. This includes all the exclusions you had set. Just have to put in the correct username and password unless maybe you remove them from the update settings in advanced settings before you do the export on the first one. I have done this a few times in the past with no issues. I also have it saved with my user info so if I have to reinstall windows I can just import that without having to hunt down my info again.