Blue Screens on Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Since around 20/09/2017 I have been experiencing multiple blue screen errors, attributing themselves to all manner of fault, from "paged fault in non paged area" through to eamon.sys.

None of which occurred before I installed Eset smart internet security premium.

I assumed paying £55 for 2 licences, one on my partners machine and one on mine, this would work as it stated it was compatible with Windows 10.

I currently run Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and as I said, have had no issues up until I installed Eset product.

I have since uninstalled Eset and have not experienced another blue screen or issue since.

This was definitely the cause of my blue screen issue.

I would like someone from Eset customer services to either tell me how to rectify this issue as i've trawled the internet for answers for the past 2 weeks and am yet to find a soloution other than uninstall and dont use again.

Secondly if eset staff cannot provide a solution I would like a full refund.

I had no issues whilst using the 30 day free trial and so decided to pay for the licence.

As soon as I did, i had the blue screen issues.

Please help in some way

Kind regards

Swatson738

• Administrators

To be honest, I'm not aware of any recent crashes caused by ESET. The fact that eamonm.sys was listed as the culprit does not necessarily mean that it really was. Please get a kernel or better complete memory dump from a crash, compress it, upload it to a safe location and pm me a download link. We'll check the dump and let you know the cause.

Hi Marcus

Thanks for the response. Whilst I understand that eamon.sys may not be the cause of the issue, something within the eset internet security premium package is the cause obviously as after uninstalling it, there are no more issues. I'm sure I'm not the only customer that has experienced this issue. Is it possible for you to list known software that perhaps causes issues with eset? 

• ESET Insiders

I had BSOD too just after an update of Windows 10 when I started Firefox and Thunderbird. I get BSOD bad_pool_caller and the problem was in Eset Smart Security SSL/TLS sertificate for browsers. Just disabled SSL scan and open Firefox and it was ok. When pushed SSL scan again to on and apply. when open Firefox again and there was no BSOD. Get this error on two machines with Eset Smart Security 10.1.219.1.

• ESET Moderators

Hello guys,

if you experience a crash feel free to send me the complete memory dump for inspection.

If you can please pack output from ESET log collector as well as it may help a lot with the analysis.

Regards, P.R.