Dynamic Group Template based on Last Connected date.

In ERA 6.4, is it possible to create a Dynamic Group Template based on the Last Connected date? 

I'm not able to locate the correct field for the Expression Rule. 

• ESET Moderators

We do have a KB that may help, depending on what you wanted to use the DG for. The KB instructions show how to create a task, I don't think there's a DG template to do this:

"The "Delete not connecting computers" task lets you remove computers according to specified criteria. If the ERA Agent on a client computer has not connected for a number of days, it can be removed from ERA Web Console."

https://support.eset.com/kb6169/

Thanks, foneil.

The search criteria is correct but the action I want it different. I need to push the Agent installation on them as my server configuration changed and I need to redirect them to the new target. The ERA server was modified before the Agents were informed. Now they're orphaned. 

Any other thoughts with that in mind? Is the task that you mention above usable for my action?

• ESET Staff

Hello, as dynamic groups are evaluated on agents, it won't work for your use-case (agents will first have to download the dg template / dg parameters, and then report back, which is not possible in your case). Also, last connected time is known to the server only.

I would suggest using reports for this, and simply filtering out computers which did not connect for a specific time period.

Then agent redeploy should help (please make sure, you deploy agent of version 6.4, so only "repair" (new connection info / new certificates) will be applied). I would also suggest updating to ERA 6.5 afterwards. 

Reports! Of course!

I see what you mean on how DG's work actively with the Agents. That makes sense.

Thanks for the extra explanation and tips on what to watch for on doing a "repair". I will get things upgraded to 6.5 soon.