Jump to content

Eset 10.1.231.1 and new v11 startup behaviour


Recommended Posts

Hi. I´m trying the new Eset 10.1.231.1 and i´m really angry.

1. Time to load windows: less than 10 seconds. Time to load Eset once desktop is loaded: 30 seconds.

2. I have to wait that 30 seconds for the eset icon to appear on the system tray. (Nonsense)

3. The Eset splash screen also appears 30 seconds later, when i´m already working in other things. (Nonsense)

4. A command windows appear and dissapear every time i boot up my pc, loaded by eset. (Nonsense)

I know you had to change the behavior in order to acquire Microsoft certification, but i´m sure you can change the delay in the appearance of the system tray icon and the splash screen, and also the annoying command window.

If Eset is going to turn into a disturbing software I will have to move to Windows Defender Security Center wich is free and it´s not disturbing nor causing troubles. 

Don´t play with customers and listen to us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Ekrn is started as soon as possible, among the first services. It's the crucial process responsible for protecting your system. As of v11, egui is loaded by the operating system when the resource load is lower. This change was needed in order to comply with Microsoft's conditions in terms of performance on startup and in order to receive certification. Instead of the flashing command line window, we could simply display the splash-screen after a fixed period of 30 seconds which was less acceptable than the current solution when the operating system decides when is the right time to run egui.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, so Its time to uninstall Eset and change to another antivirus, or simply the windows defender security center.

That behaviour is not acceptable to me. Thanks for this years of protection.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, jlmcr87 said:

Ok, so Its time to uninstall Eset and change to another antivirus, or simply the windows defender security center.

That behaviour is not acceptable to me. Thanks for this years of protection.

As Macros said this is to do with Microsoft. A delay may be annoying but at least Eset delivers security wise

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, jlmcr87 said:

Hi. I´m trying the new Eset 10.1.231.1 and i´m really angry.

1. Time to load windows: less than 10 seconds. Time to load Eset once desktop is loaded: 30 seconds.

The Service of ESET is loaded long before, only the trayicon is loading later, you can see this in your taskmanager.

2. I have to wait that 30 seconds for the eset icon to appear on the system tray. (Nonsense)

Why you have to wait until the trayicon is loaded? Why? You can work in the meantime.

3. The Eset splash screen also appears 30 seconds later, when i´m already working in other things. (Nonsense)

Turn off the splash Screen...

4. A command windows appear and dissapear every time i boot up my pc, loaded by eset. (Nonsense)

How I understand the note from Marcos in the other thread, this shouldn´t be. I think ESET will delete this command in a further release again. In the meantime you can delete the command in the HKLM:Run in the registry, without a secondary effect. Please correct me, if I am wrong, Marcos.

I know you had to change the behavior in order to acquire Microsoft certification, but i´m sure you can change the delay in the appearance of the system tray icon and the splash screen, and also the annoying command window.

If Eset is going to turn into a disturbing software I will have to move to Windows Defender Security Center wich is free and it´s not disturbing nor causing troubles. 

Don´t play with customers and listen to us.

See my comments above in blue. I don´t think, that these are things, which you have to overrate. These are IMHO bits and Bobs and you can repair these on yourself.

Edited by Krond
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Marcos said:

Ekrn is started as soon as possible, among the first services. It's the crucial process responsible for protecting your system. As of v11, egui is loaded by the operating system when the resource load is lower. This change was needed in order to comply with Microsoft's conditions in terms of performance on startup and in order to receive certification. Instead of the flashing command line window, we could simply display the splash-screen after a fixed period of 30 seconds which was less acceptable than the current solution when the operating system decides when is the right time to run egui.

At least can you remove the annoying command window? As the splash screen can be disabled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Moderators

Hello guys,

we have identified the cause of the command line appearing and we are working on it.

So it should be fixed in the upcoming versions (do not promise it will be the next one.)

Regards, P.R.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am pretty sure that some other antiviruses need to " comply with Microsoft's conditions in terms of performance on startup and in order to receive certification" but I did not see this behavior with them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 02/10/2017 at 9:12 PM, jlmcr87 said:

Hi. I´m trying the new Eset 10.1.231.1 and i´m really angry.

1. Time to load windows: less than 10 seconds. Time to load Eset once desktop is loaded: 30 seconds.

2. I have to wait that 30 seconds for the eset icon to appear on the system tray. (Nonsense)

3. The Eset splash screen also appears 30 seconds later, when i´m already working in other things. (Nonsense)

4. A command windows appear and dissapear every time i boot up my pc, loaded by eset. (Nonsense)

I know you had to change the behavior in order to acquire Microsoft certification, but i´m sure you can change the delay in the appearance of the system tray icon and the splash screen, and also the annoying command window.

If Eset is going to turn into a disturbing software I will have to move to Windows Defender Security Center wich is free and it´s not disturbing nor causing troubles. 

Don´t play with customers and listen to us.

You can disable the splash screen for this "problem" be less annoying:

 

Edited by razorfancy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members
39 minutes ago, Marcos said:

The flashing command prompt window will not appear at all in upcoming versions of our products.

Thanks for the good news.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • jlmcr87 changed the title to Eset 10.1.1231. and new v11 startup behaviour
On 11/10/2017 at 10:54 PM, Marcos said:

The flashing command prompt window will not appear at all in upcoming versions of our products.

Updated today to the new Eset 10.1.235.1. So far so good. It appears to be loading much faster than the version 10.1.231.1 which takes more than 30 seconds and also the command window has dissapeared. Thank you, eset team.

Edited by jlmcr87
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • jlmcr87 changed the title to Eset 10.1.231.1 and new v11 startup behaviour
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm also having startup issues. Startup of ESET is quite slow, and until it is loaded I can't effectively use my PC, as the mouse is stuttering/jerky. And jerky big time i.e. freezes for a second or two, then I can move it maybe half a second, then freeze for 1-2 second again and repeat over and over until ESET is loaded... the problem stops roughly 1 second after the splash screen comes up.

Kind of weird that " Microsoft's conditions in terms of performance " would lead to degraded performance.

And lastly, my issue is unlikely to be due to a "unhealthy system", as this happens with a stock Windows 10 Fall Creators Update install with just  ESET installed and nothing else. When I say stock install I mean no tampering or any tweak applied, and even before installing any driver (not that the issue goes away if I try the same thing _after_ installing my chipset drivers), so basically, this happens even when installing ESET right after the first boot after reformatting and reinstalling Windows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, coch said:

I'm also having startup issues. Startup of ESET is quite slow, and until it is loaded I can't effectively use my PC, as the mouse is stuttering/jerky. And jerky big time i.e. freezes for a second or two, then I can move it maybe half a second, then freeze for 1-2 second again and repeat over and over until ESET is loaded... the problem stops roughly 1 second after the splash screen comes up.

Kind of weird that " Microsoft's conditions in terms of performance " would lead to degraded performance.

And lastly, my issue is unlikely to be due to a "unhealthy system", as this happens with a stock Windows 10 Fall Creators Update install with just  ESET installed and nothing else. When I say stock install I mean no tampering or any tweak applied, and even before installing any driver (not that the issue goes away if I try the same thing _after_ installing my chipset drivers), so basically, this happens even when installing ESET right after the first boot after reformatting and reinstalling Windows.

Is this with version 11?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, peteyt said:

Is this with version 11?

Yes, this is with v11.

 

And to add more info, which I find very peculiar, I just noticed that my laptop does not have this problem. ESET v11 loads almost instantly, feels very fast, and I see no mouse stuttering whatsoever during loading.

I find it odd because my desktop PC is much more powerful (AMD Threadripper CPU, 32GB RAM), so, kind of surprising it would take it almost to a crawl.

Edited by coch
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have additional info which may help troubleshooting my issue, I'll post as a new thread as I now have enough info to strongly suspect my issue is specific to me (or at least to my use of the Volume2 software utility) and thus, likely different from the OP's issue (unless also using Volume2). I don't want to hijack this thread .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...