Installing a 2nd ESET REMOTE ADMINISTRATOR

I need information on if I can install a second Remote Administrator and still be able to use the remainder of my ESET Endpoint Security licenses with the second server. I need to do this because the PCs I want to install  Endpoint Security on are on different IP segments. One starts with 10. and the other 172.

One LAN is 10.19.67.0 - 10.19.67.254 The other is: 172.25.151.0 - 172.25.151.254

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Scott

• ESET Staff

Hi Scott, yes, this is possible, as what is licensed with ESET are individual endpoints not amount of management server connections.

Isn't there however any visibility between the segments? As a single server woukd reduce management overhead. 

• ESET Insiders

As suggested above, you should reconsider allowing port 2222 between the two subnets, and then stick with one era server 

or consider installing ERA on a completely different network. I manage 6 separate companies, on different subnets (completely different parts of the country in fact), and they all connect to my central ERA on a different network entirely.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all you guys for your help. I found a fix for not being able to connect to the Server. I created an installer using the HTTP Proxy option. Now I can install the clients on all my machines on the separate network segment!