Windows Firewall

Misscontessa

Hi.  I'm a new user.  I've just noticed that my windows firewall is turned on.  With my previous antivirus, it was always off and the other antivirus was doing the job.  Is this the same with Eset?  Also, Is there a way to talk to an Eset technical person???  I've spent hours trying to sort this.  Would love to speak to a human lol.

• Administrators

You have posted in the ESET NOD32 Antivirus forum. This product does not contain firewall which means that after installing ESET NOD32 Antivirus the Windows firewall will remain active. On the contrary, if you purchase and install ESET Internet Security or ESET Smart Security Premium (also contains Password Manager and Disk Encryption tools), these contain a firewall. During installation, the firewall will replace Windows firewall. By default, existing Windows firewall allow rules will be honored.

The advantage of using ESET's firewall is that all components are interconnected which means that other protection modules can take advantage of the data provided by the firewall and vice-versa.

As for phone support, I can't tell if it's available in your country. If I find out, I'll let you know. However, you can contact customer care via a form or ask other users or mods in this forum. Usually you should get a response quickly here.

Hi Marco.  Thanks for replying.  I was under the impression that we'd bought everything.  Here's what the order receipt says I bought.  Does this mean I still need to buy something else?  When I open Eset on my computer, the Nod32 comes up.  Have I installed it wrong?

ESET Multi Device Security - Comprehensive Internet Security for PCs, Macs and Android devices, New, 1 year, 5 computers + 5 devices, Download Version - No Box Shipment.

• 2 weeks later...

You might have downloaded and installed the stand-alone antivirus - Nod32 - instead of the complete security suite that includes a firewall. The license for the security suite can be used to activate the stand-alone antivirus as well.

As I recall a ESS/ESSP license will allow the user to download NOD32 instead of ESS/ESSP. A NOD32 license will NOT allow a user to download ESS/ESSP. It's a cost thing.

On 9/22/2017 at 1:40 AM, Misscontessa said:

Hi Marco.  Thanks for replying.  I was under the impression that we'd bought everything.  Here's what the order receipt says I bought.  Does this mean I still need to buy something else?  When I open Eset on my computer, the Nod32 comes up.  Have I installed it wrong?

ESET Multi Device Security - Comprehensive Internet Security for PCs, Macs and Android devices, New, 1 year, 5 computers + 5 devices, Download Version - No Box Shipment.

You have a ESET Multi Device Security license so you don't need to buy something else for firewall.
If you want ESET Antivirus + ESET Firewall, Just download ESET Internet Security from https://www.eset.com/
uninstall ESET NOD32 Antivirus, install ESET Internet Security
Use your ESET Multi Device Security license to activate the software.

I think it may be too late to install another of the programs covered by the license. Perhaps not.

A phone call or email to the poster's ESET business office would be a good idea.