Hips - Basic and Advanced

Hi everyone,

I searched in Eset documentation what exactly mean and is doing all HIPS settings but didn't find something concrete. 

Can someone from eset team or some member which is really using HIPS to tell exactly what do each HIPS basic and advance settings?

Thanks

P.S. I tried to use since early version of era 6 but didn't worked properly. Once with version 6.5 I observed that HIPS is mandatory but I observed that some users are complaining about slowness of computers. I deactivated for the moment since 1 week and looks like people are not complaining anymore :)).

2017-09-21 15_15_08-ESET Remote Administrator.png

• ESET Staff

@Bogdan Husdup What are you interested in knowing? Description of all the technologies in there, like "self-defense", "protected service" "advanced memory scanner" and "exploit blocker"? 

I would recommend checking this section: https://www.eset.com/int/about/technology/ 

Short details are listed here: 

Advanced memory scanner works in combination with Exploit Blocker to strengthen protection against malware that has been designed to evade detection by antimalware products through the use of obfuscation or encryption. Advanced memory scanner is enabled by default. Read more about this type of protection in the glossary.

Exploit Blocker is designed to fortify commonly exploited application types such as web browsers, PDF readers, email clients and MS Office components. Exploit blocker is enabled by default. Read more about this type of protection in the glossary.