Licence activation problem

yoannrt

Hi,

I'm getting an issue with ESET licence and I don't know how to solve this issue.

I've got about 200 computers on a ERA console and on most of them the licence has been entered manually during the installation of ESET product. 

For some reason, activated computer lost their licence and are seen on the console has unlicenced. 

I noticed that on my ESET Licence Administrator console, I've got only 67 of my 200 computers showing up.

Some of my computers looks OK and are registered with the right key but don't show up on ELA console.

Can you help me with this issue because the number of computer who "lost" their licence is growing day by days. And I can't reactivate them with ERA because they are not on my local network.

Thank you. Best Regards.

Yoann. 

• ESET Staff

We might need further details, in order to be able to troubleshoot the issue.

1. Are all of the computers connected to ERA? You say, that you can´t reactivate them from ERA, as they are not in your local network. Does it mean, they are not reporting regularly? What is the last connected time of them?
  2. Have you activated them by the means of entering license key / security admin account or offline license file?
  3. What is the setting of "automatically deactivate computers not connected for more than XX" days in your ELA portal? Is this setting enabled? 
  4. What is the state of the remaining 67 computers? Are they regularly connecting to ELA? (what is their status).

Can you send us your PLID (via private message) so we can check our backend logs, for reasons, why were the seats removed / deactivated? I would suggest, that you try to solve this by creating a support ticket, with ESET Customer Care, within your area of presence.

Hi, 

Please find below the information you asked :

1 . All computers are connecter to ERA, but most of them are on a remote sites, so the ERA server isn't able to send activation orders to those computers. By the way, they are reporting regularly to our ERA server because he's published on the internet. 

2 . Most of the computers have been activated by entering the key manually

3 . This parameter is disabled

4 . Most of them have a status OK and are reporting regularly to ELA. 

I'll send you the PLID via PM in a few minutes.

OK If you don't find a solution I'll ask ESET Customer Care via a support ticket.
Thanks in advance.

• ESET Staff

But this is weird. 

If computer is connected to ERA, then you can use the activation task to deploy the license to the computer. It does not matter, if the computer is on the remote site or not, if it has connection to ERA, and  "internet access" to https://edf.eset.com (you can verify that by opening a browser on the computer) you can easily try it. It will take the task the moment computer connects to the computer next time. 

What are the product versions used? 

in the case of a computer on the local network the ERA activation task is configured and work properly.

But in the other case. A user only working at home for example, the ERA server is able to receive connection on port 2222 so the computer to connects to ERA. But when the ERA activation task is played, connections from the ERA server to ERA agent doesn't establish because ports 139 and 445 may be closed by the user Internet Box.

My main problem isn't ERA remote activation but the used licence not showing in ELA and the computers who lost their licence (I've got one computer more who lost his licence today).

Our ESET versions : 

ESET Endpoint Antivirus 6.4.2014.2

ESET Remote Administrator Agent 6.4.283.0

Thank you for your help

• ESET Staff

For the problem of the random deactivations, this will be needed to be further investigated as we have not noticed anything suspicious on our side. 

Concerning the different number of computers between ERA / ELA. According to our evidence, multiple computers are having the same Seat ID, means they do share the same fingerprint. Are those machine virtualized / cloned anyhow? What is the hardware, on which they are installed? You can fix it only by deactivating them (from ELA) and then reactivating them again.

Hi, 

I opened a ticket at ESET France Support for the deactivation problem. I'll let you know if we find something.

For the second point I think you're right. Our customer use a master to prepare the laptops. I'll ask them which tool they use to install their laptops and the hardware specifications. And wewill try your suggestion to deactivate from ELA and reactivate it back.