HIPS and Anti-Stealth not working

leynaa

I get the error regarding hips, "communication with driver failed. hips is inactive". The main page of the antivirus tells me anti-stealth is non-functional, and on the setup>computer protection page it says host intrusion prevention system is disable however when I click on it to try and enable it, it says it's already enabled. I have also occasionally received the error "user rules file contains invalid data". I have read the post here: (hxxp://support.eset.com/kb2811/?viewlocale=en_US) and followed the steps but everything is still the same.

I don't know what else I can do.

antistealth.PNG

hipsno.PNG

hipsyes.PNG

log.PNG

Hi,
Sorry for my reply but
1-What is your os?
2-Are you using another security software that uses some hooks?like Sandboxie or...?
3-Did you change some settings in windows? or some reg tweaks? did you change smth via grp policy?
I guess if you answer these questions they can help you better-.-

Edited by persian-boy

• Administrators

It looks ok. Please also collect logs with ELC and post the generated zip file. You can provide it to me via a pm. If too big to attach, upload it to a safe location  and pm me just a download link.

I have tried going on the log to see the drivers but cannot find where the drivers that weren't installed are. I only see the message that communication with a driver failed but not which one.

Leynaa,

Try to re-install those that are marked as "unable to communicate with..." and those mentioned in the thread I mentioned. Re-installing a driver will do no harm anyway.

Good luck.

Edited by Samoréen

10 hours ago, Samoréen said:

Try to re-install those that are marked as "unable to communicate with..."

Sorry. You don't know which ones. Just try to re-install those mentioned in the thread I quoted. This always solved the problem for me (I have the same problem with each program update since version 9).

Edited by Samoréen