ESET Endpoint 6.6x - Web and mail protocol filtering is non functional

qwerty

I have recently upgraded from ESET Endpoint 6.5.3x to ESET 6.6.2046.0, however I have an alert that Web and mail protocol filtering is non-functional, and due to that anti-phishing is also non functional.

I realise this is not the advised product for the platform, but this is on Windows Server 2012 R2, and the same thing has happened to two of the servers that I have upgraded. It is not my choice to run this version of the product on this platform and I will try to move to the File Security product in future. However for now I need to troubleshoot what I have to work with.

I have tried to reboot twice, but this did not resolve the issue.

If I go to enable the module in setup, it only gives the option to disable which means it is enabled and non-functional.

Please could you advise what I can try next?

Capture.JPG

Sometimes This thing could happen if the modules are incorrectly configured and there may be some kind of trouble in your system during the installation process

In many cases reinstalling fixes the issue but if you are lingering with your issue you could provide a screenshot of the settings section

19 minutes ago, Marcos said:

What about this setting?

protofiltering.png

Hi, yes this is enabled.

There seems to be a further issue that this server can now no longer be pinged or it's shared cannot be access not the network either. I am investigating.

Hello, Just for anyone wanting to find out the solution to this problem. On one of the servers I just uninstalled and re-installed it, and it works fine. On the other server it would not uninstall, and parts of the installation such as one service were left behind. So I had to use an ESET uninstaller tool. All OK now.

• ESET Staff

@qwerty Why are you installing ESET Endpoint Antivirus on a Server system? Why you are not using ESET File Security for Microsoft Windows Server? Is your license not valid for this product? EEA is not being tested on server systems, and ESET does not guarantee problems like this won´t happen. So It would be wise to upgrade to an officially supported application first.

Edited by MichalJ

On 22/09/2017 at 1:42 PM, MichalJ said:

@qwerty Why are you installing ESET Endpoint Antivirus on a Server system? Why you are not using ESET File Security for Microsoft Windows Server? Is your license not valid for this product? EEA is not being tested on server systems, and ESET does not guarantee problems like this won´t happen. So It would be wise to upgrade to an officially supported application first.

Hi Michal, yes you are correct it is due to licensing. We will move to the file security product in future.