Email protection by protocol filtering is non-functional

Karol

I started to deploy ESET Endpoint Security 6.6.2046.0 (previous version 6.5.2094) to some of my PC's. After successful installation and PC restart I keep getting "Email protection by protocol filtering is non-functional" in these test PC's. Client policy has not been changed on ERA, it was working (and is working on the rest of the PC's) without any error's showing up in ESET Endpoint Security version 6.5.2094.

What is this "Email protection by protocol filtering is non-functional"? How can I enable/disable it so my clients wount get this error?

• Administrators

Do you have protocol filtering enabled? If so, please do the following:

- enable advanced firewall logging in the advanced setup -> tools -> diagnostics
- restart the computer
- collect logs with ELC
- disable logging

Upload the generated archive to a safe location and pm me a download link.

I solved my problem thanks to your hint of "protocol filtering". It seems that the new version also wanted me to enable IMAP Scanner Setup and POP3 Scanner Setup under Email client protection.

Test clients received new policy and all is green again.

• 1 month later...
On 9/18/2017 at 9:25 AM, Karol said:

I solved my problem thanks to your hint of "protocol filtering". It seems that the new version also wanted me to enable IMAP Scanner Setup and POP3 Scanner Setup under Email client protection.

Test clients received new policy and all is green again.

Currently moving clients from 6.4 to 6.6 and getting this "protocol filtering" is disabled. I've been able to turn them on manually, but is there a better way to do this from ERA? Clients do have an updated policy with these functions enabled.

Edited by omgrob

Did you enable "Enable IMAP protocl checking" & "Enable POP3 protocol checking" in your policy? These are under WEB AND EMAIL/Email client protection.

Indeed, but in the end I just forced it on with the ability to not edit it at the client level and now the all end points are all green. Ty for your post Karol it got me looking in the right direction!