Live grid and delayed update mode

tbsky

Hi:

I always use delayed update mode since endpoint V5. and I am very satisfied with the result. there is no critical false alarm for several years.

I never enable Live grid. I wonder if the logic of  Live grid is conflict with delayed update mode, since Live grid is the newest detection method?

Edited by tbsky

• Administrators

Since malware changes rapidly, I would personally never use deferred updates, maybe with the exception of highly critical systems.

You can leave LiveGrid disabled if you use critical systems where you cannot afford having latest detections. Normally we strongly recommend keeping LiveGrid enabled in order to be protected against recent malware.

1 minute ago, Marcos said:

Since malware changes rapidly, I would personally never use deferred updates, maybe with the exception of highly critical systems.

You can leave LiveGrid disabled if you use critical systems where you cannot afford having latest detections. Normally we strongly recommend keeping LiveGrid enabled in order to be protected against recent malware.

hi:

thanks for the quick reply. before the arriving of  ransomware, the biggest problem we face is not virus, but the false alarm by anti-virus software. so we are happy when we have options for delayed update. 

now the biggest problem is ransomware, but I am not sure the benefit/trouble caused by LiveGrid.  maybe we should try it on some computers.