ESET product upgrading fails

Karmadyota

Hello Everyone

As I am a ESET User I am quite satisfied with it and I keep experimenting with it.

As I can see If you download a product upgrade it suggests you to reboot your system to apply that update but accidentally if your system stops suddenly after the downloading is complete but the system is not rebooted to apply the upgrade. You could face that the product will not upgrade itself till you uninstall and reinstall it.

Isn't there is a solution to it? Without Reinstalling as you can lose your license

• Administrators

but accidentally if your system stops suddenly after the downloading is complete

Never saw this happen nor heard about being reported by users. Did you really encounter the issue? If you are able to reproduce it, we would like to troubleshoot it further to find out what caused your system to stop responding.

23 hours ago, Marcos said:

Never saw this happen nor heard about being reported by users. Did you really encounter the issue? If you are able to reproduce it, we would like to troubleshoot it further to find out what caused your system to stop responding.

I mean accidentally stopped i.e. ESET is not responsible for the system power down 

It was the power cable fault 

The issue is that after downloading all the necessary files for version upgrade the computer needs to be restarted but as The computer power downs suddenly the version remains the same that remained before and is not able to download any version upgrade components until you reinstall it 

• Administrators

Please contact your local customer care so that the issue is properly tracked. At the time when the program asks for a computer restart, the upgrade process should be already completed and the restart is required only for updated drivers to load.