Oreo update causing a problem with the installations from unknown sources section

I installed the Oreo update for my android phone which is a Huawei Nexus 6P and the setting for allowing installations from unknown sources has suddenly come on. At first I figured that the update had just turned the setting back on and I just had to turn it of again.

But they have moves the setting completely and ESET now takes you to the wrong place in the phone settings when you click on it to change the setting back. After finding the proper place for the allowing downloads from unknown sources, I switched them all off that came up but the ESET softwear still think it is on. I have tried everything, please if anyone knows whats happening please help :D

It may be a compatibility issue because they moved stuff around for the Oreo update, but I would really like to figure this out one way or another. Any ideas would be helpful.

Other than this I have never had an issue with ESET and love all their products that my family and I have. :D

Edited by ashbrat

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Oreo beta 4 on Galaxy S8

Settings > Apps > "3 ..." upper right

Special Access. Install from Unknown Sources

Lists Internet, keyboard, Messages etc

Messages is enabled by default. 

All of them in b3 were enabled. 

Is the one in Security now a master switch? 

Are these independent?

Of what use and value? 

They could be turned into backdoors through a link in Messages, phishing email, keylogger. 

And if they remain I'll n some form, even if removed from Settings. Very vulnerable to abuse or malware or governments.