Error while updating ESET NOD32 Antivirus status to SECURITY_PRODUCT_STATE_ON.

Samoréen

Hi,

[running ESET NOD32 10.1.219.0]

I'm getting this error multiple times (a lot) in the Event Viewer during a Windows 10 Creators session. The Windows Security Center usually says that ESET NOD32 is recognized but sometimes, I see that ESET is trying to re-reregister (the Eset icon has the "I" overlay and the home screen says that Eset is again trying to register). I have run the ecmd /registerav command (command accepted) but this doesn't change anything. Also, sometimes Outlook 2010 says that there's no antivirus installed (status : invalid) and if I check the WMI database at that time (using wbemtest), there's actually no antivirus registered.

Any clue ? What could be the cause of the temporary "unregistration" of ESET NOD 32 ?

Thanks.

Edited by Samoréen

I also have this error at the beginning of a Windows session :

The Windows Security Center Service was unable to establish event queries with WMI to monitor third party AntiVirus, AntiSpyware and Firewall.

Strangely enough, Windows is notifying me from time to time that both WIndows Defender and ESET NOD32 are disabled. But if I look in the Security Center, ESET NOD32 is listed as active (Windows Defender is disabled on my system).

More details about this :

If I go to the Security Center in Windows, it says ESET NOD32 antivirus is turned on. Now if I use WMIC to enumerate the installed antivirus software, it says "No instance available". How is this possible ?

• Administrators

It seems you have a general problem with your system and the issue is not related to ESET. Since rebuilding the WMI repository didn't help, I'm afraid there won't be other solution that reinstalling the OS.

Re-installing Windows from scratch as well as all other applications and tools just to fix this issue is certainly not an option. WMI works normally on my system. Just, it seems there's a problem with the SecurityCenter(2) namespace.

This issue is typically the kind of problem where all involved vendors are dumping the issue on each other. Since this problem appears with other antivirus software as well, I'm not saying that ESET is necessarily the culprit. But it's obvious that both companies (MS and ESET) should cooperate in order to diagnose the problem.