Duplicate IP's detected

Hello all,

Getting a Duplicate IP addresses on Network detected warning. This is usually a problem with DHCP. The only thing is these are all static addresses, and DHCP isn't used. In the Eset console in the Object field it shows two address: x.x.x.114 -> x.x.x.24. These are all static addresses and they are assigned correctly. The error was reported a few times over the weekend and it stopped, and no one is having any connectivity issues. I'm trying to understand this error and make sure nothing major is going on. Thanks for the help 

• Administrators

If it message continues to appear, enable advanced firewall logging in the advanced setup -> tools -> diagnostics, wait until a duplicate IP address is detected, then disable logging and provide me with the pcap file created in the Diagnostics folder.

I have it all the time...it sorta becomes annoying you have to lower security even by a tiny bit just to compensate...its not new, but always the same users get the warnings.I usually blame these issues on DNS. DNS are one of those things that seem so basic but can make the difference between every extremity, safe or not, internet or none, stable or constantly losing access.....i had the worse and longest learning curve with DNS and how much everything abides by it. 1 tip will save you lots of time, if you have a customer with AD DC and a DNS server, make you have the domain dns server scavenge the stale ressources once a week. If not you'll end up with a 6yo server being responsible for a lot of the small things not obvious to fix... when DNS builds and builds its like eating burgers every day. Your fine for a few years, but when it starts, its surgery or a heart attack