Jump to content

ESET Smart Security "Failed to rename" when updating


Recommended Posts

Hello,

I searched around the forums but found no answer. When auto-updating or manually updating, ESET gives me this error (attached image).

I went into the F5 menu and Updates, and cleared cache and tried to update again. Still, the issue persists. This has been continuing for a short while (Close to a week), and I just shrugged it off as nothing, hoping a newer update would just fix it, but it hasn't.

I've never found issues with ESET, but this seems to be the first :/

I found a thread with this issue before, but it ended with some ESET collector and PMing a moderator or admin or something. 

Help is appreciated, thanks :D

e1017d8558bd752768f16843b26ed24e.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Uninstall the eset program via programs and features. After reboot go to registry editor and navigate to 

>>  Hkey_Current_user>>Software >> ESET and Hkey_Local_machine_>>Software and delete 

any entries for ESET. Also confirm ESET folder does not exist in C:\program files\eset - if so then del. 

Clear your windows temp files. Install ESS again via >> https://download.eset.com/com/eset/tools/installers/live_ess/latest/eset_smart_security_live_installer_us.exe     and install >  activate and see if you get same error. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...