Windows Live Mail 2012 (16.4.3508)

Is Windows Live Mail 2012 (16.4.3508) now supported by ESET Smart Security?
When I right-click on E-Mails "ESET Smart Security" is in the context menu and "X-ESET-AntiSpam:" in the Mail-Headers.

Although there is still no ESET Toolbar visible in Live Mail 2012.

Edited by User

• Administrators

According to the KB article hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2138, Windows Live Mail 2012 is not supported yet. I assume that it's impossible to integrate into it for technical reasons as Microsoft doesn't provide API nor documentation for developers that would help them integrate into Microsoft's email clients.

• 9 months later...
  • Former ESET Employees

According to the KB article hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2138, Windows Live Mail 2012 is not supported yet. I assume that it's impossible to integrate into it for technical reasons as Microsoft doesn't provide API nor documentation for developers that would help them integrate into Microsoft's email clients.

I've noticed more traffic to this post, possibly due to people upgrading their OS. The KB link quoted has been updated on January 2014. Windows Live Mail 2012 is supported, however the following should be noted - "With Windows Live Mail 2011 / 2012, although no ESET icon appears in the taskbar, the plug-in is othewise fully functional".