BitDefender definitions vs ESET definitions scanners

I'm trying out Emsisoft Emergency Kit (EEK) right now as an on-demand scanner which uses BitDefender definitions. Are the BD definitions different from/better than ESET (ESS) definitions? Have also tried out HitmanPro, Zemana and some other on demand scanners. Do these other solutions have definitions that are better then ESET? Is there anything to be gained by trying to run a secondary, on-demand, malware solution along with ESET? If so, which one(s)?

• Most Valued Members

I have used ESET's products for many many years and from time to time have also installed bitdefender and kasperky's products to see if there is anything that ESET may have missed. Each time i have tried the others they have came back as nothing found...... so in my case there was nothing that ESET missed.

Zemana usually leaves running services after you uninstall it and you will have to remove them manually. My personal choice for a second scanner would be Malwarebytes free  or hitman pro free, or superantispyware free. None of them running realtime as it will most likely cause issues.