can eset scan thunderbird v24 RSS FEEDS?

Since only POP3/IMAP communication is scanned in this case, the answer is no.

should i use another software to read rss feeds? an advise?

i mean a rss program , that can be scanned by nod?

thanks

rss files are just formatted xml transmissions.

it usually is sent to and from using http or ftp

those protocols are both being watched or can be protected by ESET products.

Since Rss feeds are usually a link you click or it takes you into a browser, you hit the protocols and web protection by ESET there.

If the rss actually arrives on your system it will be in the form of xml which eset can also protect for.

If this is a new threat or variant and you are running ESET the new advanced exploit and memory scan may catch the payload attempt.

Either way, i would not be so worried to finding something to scan your rss as ESET will most likely catch a threat through your clicking to watch ! :) If its in emails your going to click a link to go see  . . .

I havent heard of rss malware yet, even tho it would probably just be in the form of a web script or steganography of some sort lol

Edited by Arakasi

rss files are just formatted xml transmissions.

it usually is sent to and from using http or ftp

those protocols are both being watched or can be protected by ESET products.

Since Rss feeds are usually a link you click or it takes you into a browser, you hit the protocols and web protection by ESET there.

If the rss actually arrives on your system it will be in the form of xml which eset can also protect for.

If this is a new threat or variant and you are running ESET the new advanced exploit and memory scan may catch the payload attempt.

Either way, i would not be so worried to finding something to scan your rss as ESET will most likely catch a threat through your clicking to watch ! :) If its in emails your going to click a link to go see  . . .

I havent heard of rss malware yet, even tho it would probably just be in the form of a web script or steganography of some sort lol

thanks but Marcos's answer is

the answer is no.

maybe he did refer to thunderbird

he answered your question.

eset does not scan rss feeds.

i was telling you that rss feeds are xml or most of the time they are hyperlinks directing you to a website.

eset provides web protection.

eset would probably catch an obfuscated or malware based xml file

Edited by Arakasi

he answered your question.

eset does not scan rss feeds.

i was telling you that rss feeds are xml or most of the time they are hyperlinks directing you to a website.

eset provides web protection.

eset would probably catch an obfuscated or malware based xml file

thanks Arakasi