New license format for 8 version

p0k3m0n

• Most Valued Members
4 hours ago, p0k3m0n said:

No, it is new installation.

I'm sure that any license you get will work on the current and previous versions e.g. version 10 will work with lower versions. However I'd  recommend considering upgrading as the newer versions contain improvements

Download the offline installer for version 8, install it and when asked for your license key/user name, enter what you have. During the installation if it suggests that you install the latest version be sure to NOT check that box (if that's what you want).  

http://support.eset.com/kb2885/

I install v10 and cannot enable internet connection. That is why I dont wont 10. Sorry, but IMO everything above 8 is crapware, and yes, it is my opinion.

Schowek-1.jpg

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, p0k3m0n said:

I install v10 and cannot enable internet connection. That is why I dont wont 10. Sorry, but IMO everything above 8 is crapware, and yes, it is my opinion.

Schowek-1.jpg

Contact support and they will be able to sort it, probably need to share logs. If there is a problem then it's best to report it as they cannot fix an issue if they don't know it exists.

As far as I know version 8 does not contain the ransomware module among other things. While the design is slightly different I do find it is as quick as previous versions