ESET smart security trial version unistall

Hi, I have installed the trial version of ESET Smart Security on my Windows 8.1 (Vaio model). Now that 1 month time has passed and the app has been inactivated. So I want to uninstall it but I cannot find the app in program lists or anywhere on the laptop. Also it has inactivated my Windows Defender and literally I do not have any security on my laptop! I checked the method to uninstall it manually but it seems to involve so many other things like network adapter drivers or network settings and configuration that I fear to try it and mess up with my laptop's system. Is there any other way to uninstall it or activate it then uninstall it so it does not have anything to do with other parts of Windows?

Thank you.

I know the safe mode thing, but as I said "it seems to involve so many other things like network adapter drivers or network settings and configuration that I fear to try it and mess up with my laptop's system." I am looking for another way to uninstall it.

• Most Valued Members
2 hours ago, Mehraassaa943 said:

I know the safe mode thing, but as I said "it seems to involve so many other things like network adapter drivers or network settings and configuration that I fear to try it and mess up with my laptop's system." I am looking for another way to uninstall it.

You should create an image of your drive in it's current state no matter what you do. It's always nice to be able to get back to where you started.