adding a deregulation for firefox

How can I add an addon / a downloadaddress in eset smart security for firefox to the exception list. I want to download an addon, but this does not work. the add on can not be downloaded due to a connection error.
Thanks in advance.
Best regards
Andreas

• Administrators

Did you get a red warning when downloading it? Otherwise it's likely that it was not ESET but the protection built in Firefox which evaluated the download link as bad and blocked it.

• Most Valued Members

Hi,

Sorry i don't speak German but it is Firefox that is blocking installation of those add ons. It's a feature Mozilla added to limit the amount of bad addons that are available. They might not be threats as such, but some of them can be poorly coded and can cause stability issues and can also be blocked for that reason too.

Hello Patch

sorry, this addon is not available as a download file. I believe Eset might be the problem.
Actually there should be in Eset a possibility, this exe into a kind of exception list to enter?

Hello cyberhash,

stickypassword I've been using for years - even with firefox. So far it has always worked. Now there was an update, since then I get the addon not me

• Most Valued Members

I don't use Sticky Password but became curious.

I don't speak or read German so I don't know what the error in your post says.

Do you get the connection warning on download of the plugin, trying to install it  or when you enter your credentials to log in to Sticky password? I'm just guessing but it looks as if you are not signed in.

On Edit: Did the problem start right after you updated the plugin?

Edited by SCR
Question added

in the application sticky password you can determine which browser you want to use. Then the addon will automatically be downloaded via this browser. just tried, in Chrome it works, only firefox prevents the download
So it does not seem to lie to eset, but to firefox