no support ticket created

• Administrators

Try contacting your local (probably Chinese) distributor by other means, ie. by phone or email. Also it's a good practice to check the spam folder since the confirmation email might have been incorrectly evaluated as spam.

No dice on the spam folder. I have tried this three times. I use a VPN so the support ticket operation should make it look as  if the query is from the US. As far as contacting the Chinese distributor how in the world can I do that? 

• Administrators

Did you purchase your license in the US or in another country? Support tickets are normally routed to the distributor who sold the license.

Also did you submit it via the web or the built-in form? What's your license's public ID?

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, pheidius said:

I used the built in form. Where do I find my license's public ID? I bought this boxed in China.

In the main gui, navigate to Help and support and then click "Details for customer care" to display your public license ID.

• ESET Moderators
7 hours ago, pheidius said:

My public ID is 33D-466-XKP

That's a US license. You can get US based support but you'll have to figure out how to contact from your location, by phone or live chat is available. 

Maybe, use a proxy to access https://www.eset.com/us/support/contact/s3/?seg=home#/home-support

Live Chat: https://helpus.eset.com/

Phone: +1 (619) 630-2300

Hours of phone support: 6:00am - 5:00pm Pacific Time [GMT-8], Monday - Friday

• ESET Moderators
16 hours ago, pheidius said:

That link not only generated an auto-response ticket but it actually gave me a workable solution.

that's how we roll...accidentally helping users solve issues... 

p.s. btw, what was the issue that you chose from the automated selection?