offline usage and livegrid security warning

hi:

I upgrade from endpoint antivirus 6.4 to 6.5/6.6. and found it now warns about livegrid disabled although I am using offline license. can I disable the warning or I should enable livegrid even at offline mode?

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

the question is if are the machines on-line i.e. able to access ESET servers.

If yes, you should enable the LiveGrid for sure as it is very effective and crucial technology to combat emerging and quickly spreading threats.

Regards, P.R.

On 2017/8/28 at 9:08 PM, Peter Randziak said:

Hello,

the question is if are the machines on-line i.e. able to access ESET servers.

If yes, you should enable the LiveGrid for sure as it is very effective and crucial technology to combat emerging and quickly spreading threats.

Regards, P.R.

no, the machine is not online. I  enable LiveGrid for online machines and disable LiveGrid for offline machines. now offline machines warns about critical security problem because disabled LiveGrid. how to solve the situation?

• Administrators

But why do you disable LiveGrid for offline machines? Leave it enabled even if they don't have Internet access. Do these computers update from a mirror?

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

But why do you disable LiveGrid for offline machines? Leave it enabled even if they don't have Internet access. Do these computers update from a mirror?

yes. these machines don't have internet accesss and update from a mirror. I don't know what's the benefit to enable LiveGrid for these kind of machines. maybe I misunderstand LiveGrid?

• ESET Staff

If Live Grid will not be reachable, it will report error statuses if enabled since V6.6

You can disable Live Grid and configure Endpoint client, not to warn about those statuses.

Just go to "user interface" / "application statuses" / "general" and select the two relevant ones.

live grid.png

2 hours ago, MichalJ said:

If Live Grid will not be reachable, it will report error statuses if enabled since V6.6

You can disable Live Grid and configure Endpoint client, not to warn about those statuses.

Just go to "user interface" / "application statuses" / "general" and select the two relevant ones.

live grid.png

hi:

thanks a lot! that's what I need.