Jump to content

offline usage and livegrid security warning


tbsky
 Share

Recommended Posts

hi:

   I upgrade from endpoint antivirus 6.4 to 6.5/6.6. and found it now warns about livegrid disabled although I am using offline license. can I disable the warning or I should enable livegrid even at offline mode?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Moderators

Hello,

the question is if are the machines on-line i.e. able to access ESET servers.

If yes, you should enable the LiveGrid for sure as it is very effective and crucial technology to combat emerging and quickly spreading threats.

Regards, P.R.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2017/8/28 at 9:08 PM, Peter Randziak said:

Hello,

the question is if are the machines on-line i.e. able to access ESET servers.

If yes, you should enable the LiveGrid for sure as it is very effective and crucial technology to combat emerging and quickly spreading threats.

Regards, P.R.

no, the machine is not online. I  enable LiveGrid for online machines and disable LiveGrid for offline machines. now offline machines warns about critical security problem because disabled LiveGrid. how to solve the situation?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

But why do you disable LiveGrid for offline machines? Leave it enabled even if they don't have Internet access. Do these computers update from a mirror?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

But why do you disable LiveGrid for offline machines? Leave it enabled even if they don't have Internet access. Do these computers update from a mirror?

yes. these machines don't have internet accesss and update from a mirror. I don't know what's the benefit to enable LiveGrid for these kind of machines. maybe I misunderstand LiveGrid?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Staff

If Live Grid will not be reachable, it will report error statuses if enabled since V6.6

You can disable Live Grid and configure Endpoint client, not to warn about those statuses.

Just go to "user interface" / "application statuses" / "general" and select the two relevant ones.

live grid.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MichalJ said:

If Live Grid will not be reachable, it will report error statuses if enabled since V6.6

You can disable Live Grid and configure Endpoint client, not to warn about those statuses.

Just go to "user interface" / "application statuses" / "general" and select the two relevant ones.

live grid.png

hi:

    thanks a lot! that's what I need.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...