windows 10 creator update : epfwwfpr.sys issue

Philarmor22

Hello,

I performed windows 10 creator update. At first boot after installation, everything was OK but after second boot, a BSOD came with stop code : kmode exception not handled, failed element is : epfwwfpr.sys.

I have last Eset antivirus release (always accept proposed updates).

Thank you in advance to help me troubleshoot and sort out the situation....

Best Regards

Edited by Philarmor22
fault

8 minutes ago, Peter Randziak said:

Hello,

do you have version 10.1.219.X?

If yes please upload full crash memory dump to a safe location and send me a download link via private message to check.

Regards, P.R.

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your answer. At lunch break, back at home, I just checked for available upgrades but Eset told me that I was up to date, so I suppose I have latest release. I will verify this evening...

Regards

Edited by Philarmor22

2 hours ago, Philarmor22 said:

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your answer. At lunch break, back at home, I just checked for available upgrades but Eset told me that I was up to date, so I suppose I have latest release. I will verify this evening...

Regards

update it manually to the latest version. ESET's built in upgrade sucks, it's always late to the party

17 hours ago, Phoenix said:

update it manually to the latest version. ESET's built in upgrade sucks, it's always late to the party

Hello,

Finally Creators update is OK but I had to uninstall Eset Nod32 before proceeding to the upgrade. Once this done, I reinstalled Eset Nod32 (with last installer available on Eset portal) and imported last settings. Apparently, everything is fine !

Regards

• 2 weeks later...