Cant open scanner

Raoul

ESET NOD32 updated(pc had to reboot for it) and now I can no longer open the main program(2 new programs have been added but they work fine). I tried opening the file manually but it didn't help.  When I ran the repair program it told me that it did not have enough permission to edit some of the .lib files. 

I nolonger have the email adres that was used to buy the lisence so reinstalling it isnt really a option.

How can I fix this?

Sorry for my poor English and ty for taking your time to read this.

Edit: I got a win7 64bit pc

Edited by Raoul
Forgot some info

• Administrators

Please clarify what you mean by that you're unable to open the main program. Do you see the ESET icon in the right-hand lower corner by the clock? What happens if you attempt to open it from the Start menu?

As for your license, contact your local distributor or reseller from whom you purchased it. You will need your registration / license details when purchasing a renewal anyways.

I do not have a icon in the right-hand lower corner by the clock or in the popup list. The pc does warn me that the virus scanner is not activated and then I can click to activate it. If I click  I see a commandprompt for less then a second and then nothing happens. Opening it from the startmenu or from the folder it self makes nothing happen.

with mainprogram I mean "eset nod32 antivirus", nothing shows at all, not even the icon near the clock.

Edit: its kind of the same problem as this as I also cannot turn on the eset service in msconfig. I guess I will have to reinstall it then

Edited by Raoul