Duplicated activation

Cavo

I'm facing strange issue with ELA, where some Eset Endpoint Security clients are being activated multiple times/duplicated in ELA. Every few days it would be noticed a new activation for a client who is already being activated earlier by ERA and one additional license from the pool being used (i.e. one client might have more than one license assigned to it, unless I login to ELA and remove the duplicates manually).

I'm using the latest 6.5 version for both the server and clients. Usually once a client is being added to ERA, I'd manually activate it.

If you look in the attachment, I've included an example of duplication for one client. Where the duplicate activation is occurring from ELA (not ERA)

Anyone being in same scenario before please?

ela.png

• Administrators

Is the mac address of the machines always same? Are they all physical machines and not VDI without persistent storage?

All are laptops with static MAC address. However, a user might use cable or wifi to connect which means there are 2 different MAC addresses!

Your question rings a bell. There used to be MAC Renaming feature in version 5x for duplicates in ERA. But in my situation in ERA everything is fine, the duplicates is on ELA side only!

• ESET Staff

This is a problem related to internal logic of HWF. When your laptop connects from wifi, or from lan, for ELA it triggers "reactivation". We are working hard on enhancing the HWF (hardware fingerprint) logic, to prevent such issues in the future. 

• 3 months later...

Is there any update on this issue? 

Almost all my clients are mobile devices that connect through WiFi, Wired Lan, Internal Mobile Broadband and have a Direct Access VPN tunnel to the office... 

I am getting duplicates daily and I am getting tired of manually deleting these duplicates. Some devices have more than 10 duplicates sometimes so I doubt it will be because of the MAC address... 

2017-11-24 11_02_46-Unit management.png

2017-11-24 11_05_34-Unit management.png

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, droezel said:

Almost all my clients are mobile devices that connect through WiFi, Wired Lan, Internal Mobile Broadband and have a Direct Access VPN tunnel to the office...

This is likely due to a different MAC address. As stated above, there will be a solution to this next year if I recall correctly.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm MSP and have the same issue with a lot of my clients. I need a fix for that, the current behavior is not acceptable. When will the fix be delivered?

Ticket#ESET-171211-165005

Please escalate