Windows firewall settings to ESET

16 minutes ago, Marcos said:

The option to also evaluate rules from Windows firewall is enabled by default.

There seems to be going something wrong. I have blocked mozilla firefox with windows firewall and it can't connect the internet(as expected), but when I enable eset personal firewall it seems that the rule is by-passed. So the option to evaluate the rules from windows firewall doesn't work

You should modify your firewall to read and ''understand'' the export list from windows firewall. I have literally more than 200 banned exe applications.

3 hours ago, dimis said:

There seems to be going something wrong. I have blocked mozilla firefox with windows firewall and it can't connect the internet(as expected), but when I enable eset personal firewall it seems that the rule is by-passed. So the option to evaluate the rules from windows firewall doesn't work

The Eset Personal Firewall setting of  "Also evaluate rules from Windows Firewall" only applies to WF inbound rules, not outbound rules, as noted by the context help popup i.e. the "i" symbol shown in the below screen shot:

Eset_Firewall.thumb.png.b12b50a9b444fe99dcc20cfd1eb90d44.png

1 hour ago, dimis said:

So it is clear that ESET must modify its firewall to read the export rules file from windows firewall

"I wouldn't hold my breath" on this one.

I know of no AV vendor that provides for automatic conversion of Win firewall rules into equivalent vendor product firewall rules. More so in the case of outbound firewall rules since most Win firewall users run it with the allow all outbound activity setting.