Web- and Phishing Protection disabled on Server 2016

Hi,

I started with Server 2016 now. When I installed Filesecurity and Agent after a reboot Web- and Phishing Protection is disabled and there is no way to enable it. Also the Windows Firewall does not start.

Has anyone an idea?

Thanks

Tom

ESET1.JPG

ESET2.JPG

Edited by TomTomTom

I left everything default. Where can I find the switch for protocol filtering?

OK, I found it. Disabling and then enabling was the solution.  --> crazy :wacko:

Thanks

Edited by TomTomTom

Any idea? Still the same behavior. I tried to install Filesecurity manual and via ERA. I did a complete new installation of Server 2016.

There is still the same problem.

OK, I can delimit the problem a little bit, but can not find a solution yet:

The problem still exists in my virtual installation. On a hardware server everything works fine.

The virtualisation environment is a PROXMOX server. Any ideas? Is there something special to install/switch off/....?

Thanks

• Administrators

Speaking about VirtIO drivers, this is what we have recently found out:

It seems that there is a problem when Receive Segment Coalescing (RSC) is enabled on VirtIO Ethernet adapter. Our wfp drivers do not support RSC, which is perfecly fine and Windows should disable RSC on that network adapter. However, for some unknown reason when Windows tries to disable RSC on Virtio, the BFE service hangs (we believe that it could be bug in MS or VirtIO).

While we are considering adding RSC support to our drivers, a workaround would be to use different NIC driver or to disable RSC in the network adapter properties, both for IPv4 and IPv6. It can be disabled via the registry as well; search for VirtioAdapter in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\<adapterID> and set  RscIPv4 and  RscIPv6 to 0, then reboot and install ESET