Count license ESET Mail Security

hungtt

HI all,

I have a question about ESET Mail Security for linux and exchange server : i actived my mail server linux ( 4.5.6 )  but it not appear on ela.eset.com ( unit and subunit not appear) , with mail exchange server it appear on ela.eset.com.

So how to i can manage license ESET Mail Security on linux ? ( unit and subunit )

Thanks all.

• ESET Staff

Linux server products would appear on ela.eset.com only in case, they have been activated using ERA V6. If you have just entered license manuallyy, it won't show up. Products are based on older codebase, not supporting the new licensing.

Thanks your information.

BTW, so how can i count my mailboxes on linux ( as i know on exchange mail, i can manage my mailboxes).

P/s : my customers ask : how to count mailboxes that they will buy ?

• 2 weeks later...

waiting for answer too.

anybody know, what if user have 100 mailbox and buy eset mail security lisence for 50 seat?

all mailbox will protected or just 50?

thank you

• ESET Staff

ESET Mail Security for Linux is a RELAY server meaning it will filter all traffic passing trough it regardless the amount. There is no interaction with ELA in this version of Linux Mail Security, and no way how product would communicate license over-usage to the customers.  In general, you should order a license for the amount of mailboxes, that are located on your mail server, that are receiving e-mail.