2 Copies of NOD32 Antivirus 2017

whataboutbob

There is good sale of Eset NOD32 Antivirus (3 user/license) 2017 at my local electronics store.  If I were to buy 2 physical copies could I install the second copy after the first subscription runs out after a year?  I realize I would be a version behind but I could live with that for the money savings.  Would there be a problem installing/activating my second copy of the antivirus a year later?  Thanks for everyone's time.

That should be no problem. Once the first one expires, just enter the new (2nd) key. The gui should prompt you to either buy a new one from ESET or ask you if you already have a key (if I recall correctly). Also just by having a valid license you are entitled to the latest version (of the program purchased) at no extra charge-just download it and use the enclosed activation key in one of the boxes. Of course, before you install ESET, you'll need to uninstall whatever A/V program you got. http://support.eset.com/kb146/

So download the new NOD32 http://support.eset.com/kb2476/ ...then uninstall the old A/V and then install the new NOD32 and activate it.

I picked a few ESS 2014 discs from Amazon a few years back when they were dirt cheap-it keeps me running. I always watch for sales. Just be sure to buy from reputable folks and you should be fine.

By the way W-A-B, welcome to the Forum. Glad you joined us. ;)

Edited by TomFace

I just did this same thing after buying a new copy at Fry's. Make sure you install your new license code on the day that your old code expires. I entered mine thinking it would expand the license another year from my expiration date. But it started the 1 year from the date I put in the new license key. I lost 8 days in doing so. So wait until Your current license is expiring.

I've been using ESS for years. So if you fall into that category, keep a spare license (or 3) around. Of course, the Company line is to buy from ESET, but by the same token, keep an eye open for sales like at Amazon, Newegg, Staples and the like. Especially around the holidays like Black Friday/Cyber Monday (ESET also runs deals from time to time).

I cannot say that ESET will never change their policy about allowing you to download the latest version for free, but I think we're safe (just my opinion).;)

In my case it was much cheaper to buy a new copy at Frys than it was to renew my copy through Eset. I lost 8 days but I only paid less than half of what Eset wanted for a renewal on their website.

One of the things to look out for is folks selling a license key for short timeframes (i.e....3 months).

Lord only known what you may get:unsure:.

As far as I know, the regular licenses is for a minimum of 1 year.

It was still cheaper for me to buy at Fry's. I only wanted the antivirus product. Eset is $59.99 for 3 devices and 1 year. Fry's was $19.99. I didn't see any coupon on that Eset page for what I wanted. I'll take the 8 days lost at my savings of $40 :)