password stealer

the sample which i have provided can easily tell the password of ones wifi connection and sometimes of their router too. I guess detection is needed for this.\

the file named - WiFiPasswordRevealerInstaller ,when you will scan on virustotal does not shows any danger, virustotal shows it as a clean file, but personally if you will install the file and run the file then you will come to know that it can reveal your wifi password.

https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/6f37eda632e5bf3bf4db10f9a635dae20714b16fe9200bf25fe390d8a40120be/detection

WiFiPasswordRevealerInstaller.zip

Edited by Guest

No one is detecting it as malware because it is not. The installer can contain a PUA, OpenCandy, which Eset would detect at installation time as long as PUA detection is enabled.WiFi password revealer

WiFi password revealer (finder) is a small freeware utility which will show you all your saved WiFi passwords. If you forgot or lost password to your wireless network - this tool is for you. It will work on Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 (both 32-bit and 64-bit).

https://www.magicaljellybean.com/wifi-password-revealer/

Edited by itman

3 minutes ago, malkil said:

@itman thanks for the help, but i guess i don't see staff written in your profile, so i request you to please let the main staff people respond to this query or any of my query , since i do not want any non staff person to respond , help would be greatful

I take this as you want all "non-staff" forum members to ignore you. That shouldn't be a problem and duly noted.

• Most Valued Members

Please note this is a forum for everyone to share and often everyone helps each other. Often staff will not see every post and if you actually want to get a response from staff e-mailing them is usually a better option. I believe samples@eset.com is the email for this kind of thing.

• Most Valued Members

@malkil

It's not really malware as such and the company offers other similar tools, to find keys for windows/office/adobe apps etc plus recover password from browsers. There are other authors of similar tools too ..........

The fact that its run and displayed locally does not really pose a threat, but in the other hand if it did transmit the data over the web then it would be.

That's why there is an ability to have a password to log into windows itself , if you fear someone running this on your pc and recovering your password.

This cant recover a password from any wifi connection, without having access to the computer that the password is already saved to.

1 hour ago, malkil said:

?

If items need attention by ESET Staff, this forum is not the best place to post them. You need to follow established procedures to submit them to ESET. http://support.eset.com/kb141/

I for one, do not appreciate "shock" posts. Please use the correct tools that are at your disposal.

itman is a valued member of this forum. He has the same access to Staff personnel that you do, but he uses the appropriate channels, as you should.

We are all equals here, no one serves anyone else.:) 

(For the other users, as far as ignoring malkil posts:wacko:, there is a setting to do so, once you are logged in, just click on your user name in the upper right corner-the ignore setting are located there).

Edited by TomFace
Spell correct-I'm bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Magic jelly bean (and a few other)...ahh the good old days of beating most PC repair shops able to get the license Key back from the bios in hex even after a complete drive failure. My employer used to charge 2x as much because others were forcing to purchase a new license...those others are mostly 98% Bestbuy...we were still cheaper. Thats why i hate bestbuy. When they make absurd pricing and services by school teen in step 1 of their career, you actually have to explain yourself how its possible to be half the price and claim being much better at providing OEM