Scheduling a Startup Scan

Go to solution Solved by CB530,

How would I go about setting up a Startup Scan via ERA?

I'd like to have a startup scan to of course kick off at boot-up time, and if I could set it to simply scan operating memory, boot sector, C:\Windows (and subfolders)

We are currently on a trial license and I'm quite new to the admin console.

Thanks and Have a Great Weekend All

• ESET Staff

Hi Mike,

Any clients that you have ESET Endpoint Security or ESET Endpoint Antivirus on should automatically perform a startup scan using default settings. There is no need to use ERA to enforce this rule.

--CB

Hi Mike,

Any clients that you have ESET Endpoint Security or ESET Endpoint Antivirus on should automatically perform a startup scan using default settings. There is no need to use ERA to enforce this rule.

--CB

Is there a way to see a log of this?

I do see the task in the scheduler on the client and see the 'last run time'

Now, I see 'last run' in the scheduler on the client (my machine); however, when I go to Tools>Logs and view Computer Scan, I don't see anything.

I also do not see it when I go to the RA, and view data for scans on my machine (I am plugged in and not on battery).

I've attached a PDF with images showing this.

I do not see any animation with the systray icon right after booting up.  I see the splash screen (even though I have it set to not show in the default policy), and the icon pops up into the systray

ESET Client.pdf

• ESET Staff
  • Solution

It seems i have misled you Mike, my apologies. I have confirmed with one of our technicians that we cannot at this time view a log specifically from the startup scan. If threats were found, you would of course be notified. We are looking into making logs from the startup scan available in a future version of the ESET Endpoint Antivirus and ESET Endpoint Security.

• Administrators

The assumption of my colleague was not correct, there won't be any logs from startup scans in the future as they would be useless and would waste disk space for no reason. If a threat is found during a startup scan, it will be logged in the Threat log. which is what admins or technicians need to be aware of.