Device Control Blocked Device Pop-ups

dwood
Go to solution Solved by Peter Randziak,

Hi,

Is there a way to turn off the user pop-up notifications when a device is blocked?

We get calls from customers saying devices are blocked, when they are allowed for the user. This is due to the use of security groups to control device access, but NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM is blocked due to it not being a member.

Thanks,

Dan

Guest Kshitij Mhatre

Hi,

is there a way to remove Device control Policy from a particular client for defined time ( for eg. 30 / 40 Min)

when ever we get such request, we explain them about the configuration Task option but according to client, it is bit time taking & we have to do it for two times (for stoping & starting again)

it is possible to add the Device Control Option in "New Tasks >> Protection Features" so the things will be bit easier.

Thanks,

Kshitij

ESET India

Hi dwomack,

Update on my earlier post, even thou I have turn the options off. Windows 7 PC's don't seem to be updating there configurations.

If I download the configuration for the client using ERAS it also confirm the correct config,

Any ideas?

Regards,

Dan

• ESET Moderators

Hello Dan,

how do you distribute settings to the clients?

Do you use policies or configuration tasks?

In case you change the settings on individual client is it behaving as expected? 

Regards,

Hi Peter,

We use policies to deploy the settings. I also tried using a configuration task to force it on a test PC and that still didn't apply.

It only appears to be the Alerts and Notification settings that aren't changing. But then I haven't changed any device control rules today.

Regards,

Dan

• ESET Moderators
  • Solution

Hello Dan,

set "Suppress user settings" option to "Yes" when sending configuration task and/or in policy.

Could you see the setting correctly set on the endpoint after this change?

P.S. make sure, that you are editing correct branch (Windows desktop v5 not Windows product live v3 and v4) in configuration editor

Regards,

Hi Peter,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. After setting the "Suppress user settings" option to "Yes" the system seems to require a reboot for it to be applied.

Regards,

Dan