integration with Outlook error message

I have about 5 random PCs a day report the following error:

During execution of Email client integration on the computer, the following event occurred: An error occurred while removing integration with Outlook Express/Windows Mail

What does this mean exactly, should I be concerned and how do I correct this?

We are also seeing this error coming from some ESET clients (ESET Endpoint Antivirus v. 6.5.2094, Windows 10 Pro. 64-bit - v. 1511).

Edited by rpremuz

• 1 month later...

Today I also got this error from a Windows Server 2012 R2 with ESET File Security v. 6.5.12010.0. I'd say the server does not have either Outlook Express or Windows Mail installed.

Why does ESET AV report this problem? If this is a bug, is it going to be fixed anytime soon?

I can add to this that the error is triggered by a user log out from Windows.

You can get rid of the error by disabling the ESET integration into Outlook Express/Windows Mail if they are not used on the machines:

Advanced Setup > WEB AND EMAIL > Email client protection > EMAIL CLIENT INTEGRATION > Disable "Integrate into Outlook Express/Windows Mail"

• Administrators

Please contact your local customer care that should provide you with a logging version of the Outlook plug-in for further troubleshooting.

12 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Please contact your local customer care that should provide you with a logging version of the Outlook plug-in for further troubleshooting.

The error mentions the integration with Outlook Express/Windows Mail, not Outlook (which is incorrectly written in the subject of this topic). In our site nobody uses Outlook Express/Windows Mail.