HIPS and some problems.

1 hour ago, persian-boy said:

Is there any conflict between Eset exploit protection and Hitman pro alert?can I use both at the same time?

HMP-A is far more than just exploit protection. As such, you will most likely have issues with it in regards to most of Eset's real-time protections; the prominent one being the HIPS. 

• 1 month later...

Hello,
 Today I found a lot of bugs. one of them is this alert:
An unknown operation recognized by HIPS:D Don't you want to fix these bugs?Plsssssss

Eset hhips bug.PNG
 Hips build:1315
Another one:
App:browser.exe
Action: Block 
File operations: All file operations
Files:
C:\Users\Sunshine\Downloads
But I downloaded an MP3 and since the default DW folder is C:\Users\Sunshine\Downloads The MP3 sit in place without any action from Eset HIPS.
I even tried C:\Users\Sunshine\Downloads\*.* but the same results!

Fixed it!

Edited by persian-boy

21 minutes ago, persian-boy said:

An unknown operation recognized by HIPS:D Don't you want to fix these bugs?Plsssssss

Per @Marcos in a prior forum posting:

It's an internal rule which is logged only in diagnostic mode, ie. when logging of blocked operations is enabled. You should enable this option only while troubleshooting a HIPS-related issue, otherwise huge logs may be generated and the system performance may be affected too.

The "unknown operation" alert was triggered when an "ask" rule was present to monitor all file operations.

Could this be one of Eset's hidden HIPS rules that monitor ransomware activities being triggered perhaps?

On 3/29/2018 at 11:34 PM, itman said:

monitor ransomware activities being triggered perhaps?

I have no RW.but I had an ask rule for all files.

Edited by persian-boy