NTFS flash drive freeze.

Neochrome

Dear ALL Bro's.. I found the sollution for this...   Open ESET press F5 and go to Antivirus and Antispyware ----> Realtime File System Protection then uncheck Removable Media access.. it works well

i59.tinypic.com/2vs525h.png

• Administrators

Dear ALL Bro's.. I found the sollution for this...   Open ESET press F5 and go to Antivirus and Antispyware ----> Realtime File System Protection then uncheck Removable Media access.. it works well

Then there must be a problem with your USB drivers as the issue occurs while accessing the boot sector of removable media.

Then there must be a problem with your USB drivers as the issue occurs while accessing the boot sector of removable media.

I'd checked.. it's works well only if i've turned off that option.. if it turned on. again freeze.. and without eset the drive works flawlessly

• 9 months later...

Hi there, I've encountered this bug with NOD32 7.0.325.1 while trying to make an Windows 7 install USB using Microsoft's USB download tool, which is strange because I vaguely recall the reason I installed V7 instead of V8 is because V8 had the USB bug.

Does this issue still exist with NOD32 8.0.x?

I'm looking to install NOD32 on my parents' computer and I would rather they not have to fiddle with their AV every time they want to use a USB key. 

• 2 months later...

We're using the very latest and one of our Dell Optiplex PCs with Windows 8.1 64-bit began freezing and choking every time a USB flash drive was inserted. I spent 6+ hours thinking it was a failing SSD drive or something else. It stil did even when i disabled ESET real-time, but it stopped happening once I uninstalled ESET.

• Administrators

In the case of issues related to USB flash drives, try disabling "Removable media access" option in the advanced real-time protection setup.

• 3 months later...

still occurring and it's 2016 now. Exact same issue. Insert USB and it takes for ever to try and read it and never completes. Turn off eset and it works better, remove eset and it always works as expected. NTFS formated have a lot harder time with ESET then FAT. We are in a corporate environment and this occurs on every computer with ESET.

• Administrators

still occurring and it's 2016 now. Exact same issue. Insert USB and it takes for ever to try and read it and never completes. Turn off eset and it works better, remove eset and it always works as expected. NTFS formated have a lot harder time with ESET then FAT. We are in a corporate environment and this occurs on every computer with ESET.

Please refer to my post above which provides a fix for problematic usb disks.