Change Server that populates Server Hostname field on Installer Configuration

Good afternoon,

I inherited management of this server from a previous employee who deployed the instance of ERA Server prior to setting the hostname that devices will connect to.

Is there a way to set where in the server hostname field it's populated with our external DNS name rather then internal old DNS name that's not even in use for the server?

Currently when you create a new live installer the field populated with "-XXXXXXXXXXX.local". Its current internal hostname is v-eset.ourinternaldomainname.int. It's external DNS name is eset.ourdomainname.com. I can replace the server hostname every time I generate a new installer but I would like to be not worry about whether or not that field is properly populated. 

Sweet. I had the same query a while ago, and no answer was forthcoming. I did nose around the SQL at the time, and saw the entry required, but chickened-out from changing it in case it messed things up. Glad to hear that this tweak works fine! Will hunt it out and see if I can change ours too. Thanks for sharing the knowledge back with us all.

• ESET Staff

As you already found out, currently there is no alternative except modifying this value directly in database. It is string field:

tbl_servers.server_identificator

Once changed, it will be used as "default" hostname when creating AGENT installers.

Thanks. That'll save me having to find it by nosing around again!

(my situation is the same, in that the current default is the non-routeable sever name instead of externally routeable url, so now I'll be able to fix that forever now!)

Thanks.

Mike